Part 8

"Y/n wake up" I heard Spencer mumble as he lightly nudged my shoulder.

My eyes slowly fluttered open. Sitting up, I rubbed my eyes letting a yawn escape from my mouth.

"Come on let's go" Spencer said helping me up out of my seat.

I nodded and followed him out entering one of the SUVs parked on the runway ready to take us to the local police department. In the SUV was Rossi, Emily, JJ and I. Rossi was driving up front with JJ in the front passenger seat leaving Emily next to me.

"So you and Reid huh" Emily said smirking.

"Uh what" I asked confused.

"You and Reid have been getting close and then just before on the plane" She said knowingly.

"We're just friends Emily" I said shaking my head.

"Are you sure?" Emily nudged me.

"Yes Emily, I'm sure" I laughed, rolling my eyes at her profound accusation.

"You two seem good for each other" Emily said.

"Emily we are just friends nothing more" I said.

"It's just you seem so happy with him, he seems so much happier when you're with him" Emily said.

I didn't reply but I thought about what Emily said. Did he really seem happier when he was with me? We're friends nothing else. Simply platonic.

The car pulled up to the precinct and we entered. The sheriff finished talking to one of his officers before heading across the precinct to talk to us. He looked erratic and under alot of stress.

"We have him in custody and without the last body we don't have enough evidence to charge him with. He holds them for two weeks before killing them so she should still be alive we just have to find where she is but he won't give us anything" The sheriff said.

"Without Sarah we don't have any witnesses. All the other evidence is circumstantial" Hotch said rubbing his forehead.

"He hasn't talked at all since we brought him in" The sheriff said.

"Typical" I muttered.

Hotch turned and looked at me furrowing his eyebrows. He obviously didn't know about our past. We followed the sheriff to the interrogation room. We stood behind the double sided mirror watching him. He sat there calm and collected, he had a smug look on his face, one which I had seen many times before. 

"Have you found any leads as to where Sarah Carter is being held?" Hotch asked the sheriff, the man shook his head.

"Nothin'" He sighed.

"Morgan go in and talk to him see if you can get him to give us any kind of information as to where Sarah is" Hotch said, Morgan nodded and entered the room.

"My men haven't been able to get anything from him what makes you think he'll give anything away now" The sheriff said.

"We look for different things, such as his behaviour, body language. Those things will be able to help us find Sarah" Reid answered, not even looking up to meet the sherriffs gaze as he fidgeted with his fingers.

Morgan entered the room and slammed the door behind him, taking a seat across from Adam. Adam recognised Morgan instantly and a smirk grew on the man's face.

"Ah my old buddy Derek Morgan" Adam said cockily.

"I was never your buddy" Morgan said sternly.

"Well Y/n was, well she was a little more than just a buddy, isn't that right Derek" Adam smirked.

Hotch turned his head away from the interrogation and at me, he looked at me with confusion. Reid took a step closer to me his hand lightly resting on my back.