Part 13

"Alright Johnny Summers found murdered, COD blunt force trauma to the head and he was found dumped in a sand dune. According to the ME report sand was found in his lungs" JJ said, pressing a button on the remote a picture of the body face up in the sand appeared.

"It says here that the sand was funelled  in there lungs while they were still alive" Emily grimaced reading off the file infront of her.

"It's definitely the unsubs signature I mean he could'vewaited for them to die on choking on the sand it's almost like he cut the torture short with a hit on the head " I said.

"It is weird" Emily agreed.

"Maybe the beach means something to him, JJ have any other bodies been found?" Hotch said lifting his head up from the file returning his attention to JJ.

"Yes one Alexei Romanov same MO and same dump spot, found a month apart" JJ replied.

"He's patient and well planned out" Morgan said.

"The victimology is also very similar both white men aged in there early 20s both blonde" Spencer said.

"Could be surrogates maybe" I suggested.

"Or simply just a preference" Derek shrugged.

"Alright we'll get Garcia to look over the files Miami PD sent us to see if there is anything at all we missed, and Garcia check for any other murders which happened on that beach or simply deaths of young men with sand in their lungs, this unsub is articulate he may have killed before" Hotch said.

Garcia nodded and shuffled her files before heading off to what she liked to call her "lair".

"Wheels up ASAP everyone" Hotch said before leaving the room.

Once the plane took off I could feel my eyes growing heavy. Spencer leaned over and whispered in my ear.

"Tired?" He whispered.

"Extremely you really worked me out" I whispered back cheekily to not gain attention from the others.

"You should have a rest before we land everyone else is" He said softly.

"I suppose" I replied stifling a yawn laying my head on Spencer's shoulder, drifting off to sleep.

A few hours later and after a refreshing nap we arrived at the police station. We set up in a small conference room. We got given whiteboards which Spencer quickly transformed into a "murder board" as I like to call it.

"Ok so Alexei and Johnny were found in almost the exact same place" Spencer said rubbing his hand over his chin.

"Only a metre off" I agreed.

"This place definitely has a major significance in his crimes maybe something from his childhood happened there on the dunes" Prentiss chimed in.

"Garcia is checking through the records to look at crimes which have happened on those dunes hopefully she finds something" Hotch said.

A few seconds later the Sherriff comes rushing into the room a look of disappointment adamant on his face. He paused at the door and rubbed his hand over his stubble.

"There's been another body" He sighed

"I thought the beach was closed" Hotch said.

"He found a new dump site" He said.

"That doesn't make sense the dumpsite was important to him I mean the bodies were dumped merely 30cm apart" Reid said.

"Maybe he already had a dead body and went to dump it at the beach and found it was being patrolled so he had to move to another dump site?" JJ suggested.

"He's moving quicker he went from killing once a month to twice in two days" Rossi said.

"Alright L/N, Prentiss and Rossi you head to the latest crime scene. JJ can you stay behind and talk to the families. Reid and I will work with Garcia trying to find any significance between the two dumpsites also what cars may have stopped at the beach yesterday to see if he visited the dumpsite not knowing it was closed" Hotch ordered.

We all nodded and went our different ways. Rossi, Prentiss and I climbed into the black SUV driving towards the new crime scene. The car ride was mainly silent but Rossi was playing some weird Italian opera music and Emily and I wouldn't dare talk over it. Once Derek tried to talk over Rossi's music at pasta night and let's just say it wasn't pretty.

After about fifteen minutes of Rossi's awful singing we pulled up to the crime  scene. One of the detectives walked up to us.

"I'm agent Rossi and this is agent L/n and Prentiss" Rossi introduced us shaking the young detectives hand.

I reached my hand out and shook his hand.

"I'm Detective Ellis thanks for coming" He said leading the way to the body.

Detective Ellis held up the yellow crime scene tape allowing to us to go under. We approached the body. It was a young blonde man placed face down in the sand. Sand was in his hair making it look like he had awful dandruff.

"Any ID on the victim?" Rossi asked.

"No not yet but we are checking dental records for a possible match" Detective Ellis said.

"Has anybody gone missing matching the vics description?" I asked.

"No we haven't had any missing persons reports yet" Detective Ellis sighed.

After we checked over the scene we headed back to the precinct. We couldn't find anything which gave us any clues as to who the unsub was or why he was doing this. We reached the precinct and was greeted by Garcia who was on speaker phone.

"Ok so yours truly found our newest vic is Jason Adams 28 and he went missing from Orlando and his family filed a missing persons report a week ago" Garcia said.

"He's crossing city lines now" Hotch said.

"Trying to find the perfect victim" Rossi said his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Garcia have you found anyone of interest who visited the unusbs previous dumpsite yesterday?" Hotch asked.

"There was one it was a red van and I ran the plate and it belonged to a Mr Alex Reynolds but Mr Reynolds died five years ago and he has no children or nephews or anything really so I have no clue who is driving that car and the cop who asked him to turn around couldn't give us a good description" Garcia rambled.

"Alright thanks Garcia keep working on it" Hotch said.

"Will do boss oracle out" Garcia said hanging up the phone.

"Still haven't had the chance to drug test her" Hotch said only half joking.

"Alright everyone head back to the hotel and try get some sleep hopefully we'll make more progress tomorrow" Hotch said.

We all nodded and left the precinct heading towards the hotel.