Part 18

Now that Hotch, Penelope and Derek already knew about Spencer and I we both decided it would be best to just tell the rest of the team. Penelope would most likely accidentally tell the rest of the team anyways.

"So your telling me you and Spencer have been dating ever since Rossi's and have just kept it a secret?" Emily said suprised.

"Yeah I guess so" I replied.

"Well I don't know how you can be suprised it was so obvious" JJ chuckled leaning back in her seat.

"Wait just to clarify you two didn't do anything nasty in the guest room did you?" Rossi said pointing an accusatory finger at Spencer and I.

Spencer turned bright red in embarrassment, I let out a laugh and shook my head.

"No Rossi we didn't" I chuckled.

"Thank god" He said making a cross over his chest.

Hotch came into the room clearing his throat and we all became silent. Penelope stood up at the front of the room turning on the screen.

"Alright you are all heading to New York" Garcia said.

"Three children over the past week have all been kidnapped and the parents were left with notes" Garcia said.

"They will be much happier with me" Emily read aloud.

"So this unsub believes themselves to be a parental figure or could think their doing better than the parents" I suggested.

"Were there any signs of a struggle?" Hotch asked.

"No the kids were all taken outside of there schools, witnesses say they saw the kids climb into a red SUV" Garcia said.

"So this unsub is bold and the kids most likely know then unless they're using some sort of ruse" I said.

"We also have to assume they're still alive, this unsub seems to want to take care of these kids not harm them" Emily added on.

Hotch glanced down at his watch before standing up.

"Wheels up in 30" Hotch said shuffling the case files and heading towards his office.

I stood up, pushing my chair in before heading off to my desk.

"I always hate the cases involving kids" JJ said crossing her arms over her chest.

JJ always seemed to get affected by cases involving children. Most likely because she had a child of her own. Henry. Henry was a sweet kid and he loved Spencer alot, even dressed up as him for Halloween once.

"Yeah even the kids we save most of them probably never can fully get back to normal" Derek agreed leaning against Spencer's desk.

"We just do the best we can" Spencer mumbled looking down at the files on his desk.

We boarded the plane all surrounding the wooden table, Garcia was displayed on the computer screen which was propped up.

"Unfortunately I have some bad news for you guys" Garcia said a frown contorting her face.

"Two more children have been taken" Garcia said.

"Two? He or she is getting bolder" Emily sighed.

"They're twins Samantha and Daniel Peterson, information had been sent to your tablets" Garcia said, you could tell there was a hint of sadness in her voice.

I picked up my tablet and opened the files Garcia sent us. I leant over so Spencer could get a good look, he still much rather preferred paper files over anything digital.

"Thanks" Spencer thanked me quietly leaning over to look.

A picture of two young kids popped up, both around 7 or 8. Paternal twins and they looked like they adored eachother.

"Garcia have you got any information of the parents of these children?" Hotch asked lifting his gaze up from the his tablet.

"Of course, Samantha and Daniel's mother is a drug addict and has been arrested, get this twice for solicitation and a few other times for drug charges mainly dealing" Garcia said.

"What about the father?" Derek asked.

"Hold up one second" Garcia said.

Tapping of keys could be heard as Garcia searched for her files. As soon as the file popped up a look of sadness washed over her face.

"Andrew Peterson died when the twins were only two which is what sent Sally, the mother on a downwards spiral" Garcia exhaled.

"Alright thank you Garcia" Hotch said.

"No worries sir just doing my duties" Garcia said, ending the call.

I stood up stretching my hands above my head before heading to the back of the plane to make some coffee. I started the jug and leant against the bench waiting for the water to boil. Spencer came over and stood infront of me.

"Do you want me to make you some coffee?" I offered.

"No it's ok you never add enough sugar" Spencer said.

"Well you're coffee is practically just liquid sugar Spence" I chuckled.

"It's so I can wake up" He defended.

"That's what the caffeine is for" I winked.

Spencer shook his head but a smile was inevitable on his face. I made my coffee and went to sit down Spencer following me with his cup of liquid sweetness.

"I honestly don't know how you can drink that" I said sipping at my drink.

"Hey don't knock it till you try it" He said.

"I'm sorry Spencer but I'm never drinking that" I laughed.

"Your lose" He said with a smile.

We finally landed in New York heading to the local PD. We entered the precinct greeted by the sherriff who showed us where we would be working. I places some files down on the round wooden table my gaze wandering around the room.

"Who's that out there?" I asked glancing through the gap in the blinds.

There was a woman about 45 or so. She was seated on a bench her leg bouncing up and down. Her head darting around.

"That's Nancy Quill she's the mother of the first child Katie, she hasn't really left the precinct since" the sherriff said.

"Hotch do you mind if I go talk to her?" I asked.

"Go for it" He replied.

I exited the room and approached Nancy, I sat down next to her on the bench. She sniffled and wiped a few stray tears away.

"Hi I'm agent L/n" I said calmly.

"Are you here to look for Katie?" She asked.

"Yes we are" I said offering her a weak smile.

"What kind of person would take my little Katie" She said.

"That's what we're trying to figure out" I sighed.

"Tell me what Katie was like" I said.

"She was sweet a major daddy's girl. She loved music and dance" Nancy said a sad smile appearing on her face.

Nancy pulled out a photo of her daughter which was kept in her wallet. Katie was about 7 ans she had her ginger hair neatly in pigtails. The girl had a massive smile on her face as she was being engulfed in a hug by her parents. I smiled slightly at the photo.

"Did you recieve any kind of note?" I asked her, something wasn't adding up.

"No she was just taken I didn't get anything" She said.

I talked to Nancy for a few more minutes before returning to the rest of the team.

"Guys I think we might have more than one unsub" I said.