Part 21

3rd Person

Spencer paced up and down the hospital hallways hastily running his hands through his curly brown hair.

"Spencer how is she?" Garcia called out running down the hallway.

"I- she's in surgery, she's lost alot of blood" Spencer choked out.

"Let's get you cleaned up" Penelope said.

Spencer nodded, tears spilling down his cheeks. Spencer was handed some clothes from the nurses which was a pair of scrubs to put on.

"How is he?" Hotch asked Garcia as she entered the waiting room.

"Not good" Garcia said.

Garcia walked over to Derek who was sitting on a chair leg bouncing up and down nervously as his hand ran over his head.

"Derek she's going to be ok" Garcia said.

"I know it's just what if she doesn't make it, I mean she's still pissed at me for all that stuff about her sister I can't lose her" Derek sobbed.

Garcia said nothing and ran her hand over Derek's back. Spencer returned into the waiting room. His eyes were bright red. His hair was disheveled.

"Any news from the doctors?" Spencer sniffled wiping his nose.

"No not yet" Hotch answered a sigh leaving his lips.

Spencer nodded and collapsed onto one of the chairs his hands reaching up brushing his hands through his brown curls.

Derek came and sat down next to the doctor, resting his hand on Spencer's shoulder. Spencer lifted his gaze which was fixated on his converse.

"She'll get through this" Derek said.

Spencer didn't answer, he simply nodded his head before hanging his head low.

A few hours passed and the team hadn't left the hospital still waiting for Y/n to wake up from surgery. Praying she would make it through.

After what seemed like years one of the nurses came out holding a clip board. Spencer stood up out of his chair. The rest of the team turning to face the nurse waiting in anticipation for what she had to say.

Spencer fiddled his hands nervously waiting for the nurse to speak.

"How is she?" Hotch asked.

"She lost alot of blood, but luckily she made it through. She's a strong one" The nurse said.

Spencer let out a breath he didn't know he was holding in. The tiniest of smiles playing on his face.

"Thank you" Hotch said, relieved.

"You guys can go see her but she might not wake up for awhile" The nurse said offering the team a smile before heading down the hallways.

Derek walked over bringing Spencer into a quick hug. Tears ran down Spencer's cheek, tears of relief.

They all headed to Y/n's room, she was asleep hooked up to monitors. Beeping coming from the heart monitor indicating that she was alive.

Spencer sat down on the chair next to Y/n reaching over and held her hand. Y/n's hand was cold in comparison to his. Spencer raised his other hand covering the hand he was already holding in an attempt to warm her hand up.

"I need to get home to Jack but call me when she wakes up and I'll come back" Hotch said resting his hand on Spencer's shoulder before saying goodbye and leaving JJ leaving aswell to go home to Henry.

"Come on guys let's grab some coffee give them space" Derek said.

Derek, Penelope, Rossi and Emily all giving Spencer some space. The doctor let out a sigh rubbing a thumb over Y/n's cold hand.

"God I'm so glad you're alright" Spencer choked out.

"You know for a second there I thought I was going to lose you. I was terrified the thought of losing you I just I couldn't comprehend that" Spencer said his gaze not leaving Y/n's sleeping figure.

"You might not be hearing this but scientifically some patients report hearing things whilst they are in a coma like state so yeah" Spencer rambled on chuckling to himself.

"Sorry I'm rambling, even though you love that. We haven't been dating for that long really but when I told you I loved you I've actually loved you for along time" Spencer admitted.

"I guess I always loved you, I was just too afraid to admit that. Once I figured out you found the same way I was completely shocked that you could feel the same way. I mean I'm well me" Spencer said giving a sad chuckle.

"I just need you. More than I'd like to admit it because when people get close to me they always leave or get taken away. So just please wake up Y/n" Spencer said tears falling down his cheeks.

"God this is ridiculous you probably can't even hear me" Spencer said.

"I love you though, so much" Spencer said, resting his head against the back of his chair drifting off to sleep.

When the remaining members of the team returned they smiled slightly at the slight of Spencer sleeping his mouth ajar, not letting go of Y/n's hand.

Derek smiled and shut the door leaving the doctor sleep in peace they definitely knew he needed it.