4

As Jisung had expected, Hyunjin had told Seungmin about their little encounter at the convenience store. Their youngest friend thankfully knew better than to make a big deal out of it, just telling Jisung a small and simple 'I'm proud of you' over text. Seungmin was a smart boy and knew that showing just how happy and excited he actually was for Jisung would only make matters worse.

It was now three days later and finally, the weekend had come. For Jisung it didn't matter what day it was, seeing he was homeschooled and all. However, it did mean his friends were coming. They would do so almost every weekend just so they'd be able to catch up in person and tell Jisung about the things that happened at school that week. It went unnoticed by Jisung that they did this with the sole purpose of not losing their friendship with him. At times, he could be very distant and antisocial and his best friends would force themselves into his live to get him out of that mindset. He had given Seungmin a key to his house, knowing that he could also refuse to hang out at times. It was only because he would be mentally exhausted and knew he'd decline any offers to do something, which is the opposite of what you should do when you're in a slump.

So it came to no surprise that his bedroom door opened, showing his two best friends peeking their heads through the opening. They had knocked, but Jisung had not given an answer. Why?

He was still in his bed, sleeping peacefully with a small smile on his face. The couple contemplated to let him sleep a little longer, knowing Jisung loved his rest. However, the clock already showed it was 12:30 pm. It was time for the boy to wake up, whether he liked it or not. So, the two sneaked over to Jisung before jumping on top of him. It wasn't the brightest idea, but hindsight is always twenty-twenty. Jisung's eyes opened wide as he let out a terrified scream. Seungmin immediately recognized their mistake, giving Jisung a tight hug to apologize.

"Jisung, it's Seungmin and Hyunjin. Sorry we scared you, we just wanted to wake you up." He explained calmly, giving his friend some pats on his head. Jisung calmed down immediately upon hearing Seungmin's honey-like voice. "I-It's fine. I shouldn't have been scared in the first place... I should be over i-it by now."

"Nonesense, we were at fault. Now get your ass up, we're starving and brought waffle mix." Hyunjin said, trying to let the situation pass as quickly as they could. The three made their way down the grand stairs, Jisung staying in his sweatpants and loose black tshirt. There was no one in the kitchen, Jisung not being surprised. His sisters were probably out with Miss Kwon, so the boys had the house to themselves. Turning the music on loud, they started singing and dancing along to Seventeen as waffle mix flew everywhere. None of them really cared, they would clean it up after their small yet grand 3-man performance.

"So," Hyunjin started as the boys sat down at the table, plates filled with waffles and strawberries. "I have some juicy stuff to tell you, Sung." The latter muttered an 'oh boy' under his breath, bracing himself for the ridiculous story Hyunjin was about to tell him this time around. "Remember Taejoon? The guy that Lix dated for a while?" Jisung nodded, looking at Seungmin as the boy gave him that 'here he goes, brace yourself' look. "Well, it turns out he has been putting spy cameras in the girls' and boys' restrooms! At school! Thank god we never pee in those vile places, but it's actually insane!"

"Hmm... glad I don't go there anymore."

"For real! It's an actual investigation, the police is getting involved and everything. It's really wild, I couldn't believe it." Jisung just hummed as he shoved a piece of his brunch down his throat, clearly dissociated. He didn't know hearing Felix' name still affected him this much, his mind going blank as all he could think of was what the boy was doing and if he was okay. Seungmin glanced at Hyunjin who returned a knowing look. It was getting bad again, but they didn't know how to help their friend. After a moment of silence, one of them decided to speak up.