25

"There was a period of time where Jisung started getting distant from us, it was around the time Felix left to go back to Australia. We later got told that it had already been going on for a while, but drastic changes in his life could serve as a form of ignition." Seungmin started, noticing the frown that appeared on Felix' face. Hyunjin seemed to notice too, quickly speaking before Seungmin had the chance to continue.

"It's not your fault, Lix. Remember what Seungmin just said? It was already going on for a while, okay?" Felix just nodded, biting his bottom lip in deep thought.

"Jisung didn't show up to school one day." Seungmin continued, "We'd always know if he was sick, but we didn't hear anything. The teachers knew Hyunjin, Jisung and I were always together and they hadn't heard anything either. So when they asked us if we knew if he was sick or where he was, it didn't take long for us to realise something wasn't right."

"Oh, is this the day he got... kidnapped?" Felix hesitated in asking, as he wasn't sure if it was truly what Seungmin was about to say. It also isn't a fun trivia thing to casually mention, either.

"Well... yes?" Hyunjin said, but his voiced told everyone how confusing the story was about to become. He wasn't the best with words regarding Jisung's condition, especially since Hyunjin was an emotional boy who cared for his friends deeply. It's why he let Seungmin explain, otherwise he might've already started crying at this point. So, he looked at his boyfriend as he continued talking.

"When the school called Jisung's parents and asked him where he was, two hours of school had already passed. In first period they thought he might've overslept, in second period their suspicion was that maybe he was sick and his parents forgot to call in. But by third period, that's when they asked us and ended up calling his family. They called his dad, who was out of the country at the time, so he couldn't really tell them anything. I'm not sure exactly what happened next, only that Mrs. Han panicked on the phone to whoever called her, because Jisung had left the house that morning."

"I can't imagine the amount of stress she must've felt..." Changbin said after taking in a deep breath. Chan nodded in agreement.

"The police was called and a search for Jisung began immediately. Hyunjin and I were sent home after we were called to the principals office, where we got told Jisung was missing. We went home to my house together and cried because we weren't allowed to help search... Jisung ended up being gone for six hours before anyone found him."

"S-Six hours?! Where was he? Who took him?" Jeongin asked, terrified for fourteen year old Jisung.

"In a playground near Han River."

"Wait, what?" Felix interrupted, confused out of his mind. "Jisung told me he was in a playground when a man came up to him and kidnapped him?"

"Well, that's what he thinks happened. In fact, it was a police officer who just patrolling the area. They hadn't heard of a missing boy, as they turned off their radio during their lunch break— for whatever reason. But they noticed Jisung was wearing a school outfit during school hours, so they decided to stop and see what was going on... The police officer told Jisung's family later on what really happened." Seungmin took a pause in talking, grabbing the glass he'd filled with water to take a sip in order to relief his throat, which had started to feel dry from all the talking.

"The officer had walked up to Jisung to ask why he was sitting there alone on a swingset and why he wasn't in school. Apparently, Jisung had just stared into space for a moment, unresponsive to anything. We later found out it was because he was in the middle of a psychotic episode. When he didn't respond, the officer had placed his hand on Ji's shoulder, asking if he wanted to come to the police station so his parents could pick him up. Jisung's brain didn't register it this way, and instead thought the man was trying to grab him to take him. So he started screaming his lungs out. The officer then kind of panicked, so not knowing what to do, he grabbed an uncontrollable Jisung by the wrist and dragged him into the car forcefully."