33

That night of their first meeting, Jisung had spend his time in bed sniffling quietly to himself. It wasn't because he was upset, quite the contrary. He felt relieved. Minho's words might not have been anything grand or special to anyone else, but it was something that the boy had needed to hear without even knowing it.
It was true that he could do and be what he wanted. The shackles that he'd bound himself with had fallen off his anckles and for the first time in years, he was ready to push the door at the other side of the room open. He finally dared to step foot outside of his house's parameter and be an active part of society again. Sure, he still had anxiety and it caused him to find places with big crowds terrifying, but he knew he could rely on his friends. They'd never left him through anything and he was sure they'd continue to be there for him now.

The tears rolled towards his ears as he lay on his back, staring up at his ceiling mindlessly. He couldn't believe that he was rethinking all of his life up until that very moment, all because of one simple sentence. Suddenly he wasn't sure if he truly wanted to so something business related, which opened a whole nother can of worms. His parents expected it from him by this point, right? Would they still support him if he told them it wasn't what he wanted to do? Would they be happy for him?

He had so many thoughts and questions, yet every time he thought he'd find an answer it would only lead to more confusion. His mind slowly became exhausted from all the thinking, so he felt it was best to go to sleep. He decided that he had cried enough in the past month. Starting the following day, it would be the start of his new life. Until then however, he'd be dreaming of the brown haired boy that had yet again managed to capture his heart and had simultaneously thrown his world upside down.

The following morning, Jisung was awoken by the sound of his phone. He pushed the off button on his alarm before rubbing his eyes. The good energy and mindset from the day before had carried through his sleep as it didn't take him long to swing his feet out of bed. Deciding on a quick shower, the boy grabbed his phone and necessary change of clothes before he headed into his bathroom. Stripping off his clothes, he took a quick peak at his phone as he waited for the water to heat up.

(3) unread messages

Unknown number

Thanks for hanging out today
Hope I didnt dissapoint 😜
11.22 pm

All other messages could wait, because the first message he opened was from non other than Lee Minho himself. His heartbeat sped up without him noticing, as he pondered on what to reply. Maybe a simple 'I had fun' or 'thank you as well!' would be sufficient enough? But he wanted to make it a little more special than that. Jisung groaned at himself in frustration, reminding himself that he isn't supposed to treat Minho differently, because they're just friends.

Han Jisung

Hey!

Thank you very much for hanging out with me too

I really appreciate it a lot

Oh and you certainly didn't dissapoint, no worries!!!

9.42 am

Jisung had already sent out his replies, now overthinking whether or not the 'certainly' was too much. He sighed to himself as he once again realised that he is just as awkward over text as he is in person. Still, the subconcious smile on his lips could tell anyone that looked at him that he was in a good mood. He happily went down the stairs to be met by an empty livingroom, smile dissapearing as he realised no one was home, apart from Mrs. Kwon probably. The thoughts from last night still plagued his mind and he really wished he could talk to his mother in that moment. Over the phone just wasn't the same as in person.