13

There was only a week left before Felix would be back and Jisung was becoming more anxious as the date neared. Sure he was also excited, but he was nervous to see how much the boy had changed. What if their chemistry wasn't the same anymore, or Felix would find him weird? Maybe the boy couldn't handle being friends with a mentally ill person and would abandon Jisung for the second time, only this time it'd be deliberately.

The boy was so stressed, he'd barely managed to get a good score on his history test he'd taken at the end of last week, which was usually his best subject. So, anxiety being the main thing he was feeling on the late monday evening, he decided to try to write some more lyrics, if his brain would let him.
Just as the tip of his ballpen reached the paper his phone rang, earning a groan from the boy. The annoyance left his thoughts the second he saw the caller ID, happily picking up to respond to his hyung.

"Hey Minho hyung!"

"Hey Jisung, I felt the need to call you so I hope I didn't interrupt something."

"Not at all, what's up?"

"Hmm, I was feeling a bit down as I had a fight with my best friend Changbin... Do you mind listening to me ramble for a bit? I kind of need to let it out and I don't want to bother you but you're the first person I thought of." Jisung hated how he felt prideful as Minho told him this. Normally he was the one venting or asking for help, it felt special that someone wanted to talk to him about their problems. "Of course I don't mind, go ahead hyung."

"Thank you. So, I got mad at Changbin because he started dating this girl when I know he is gay. Like, he isn't bi, he's gay. The reason he is dating the girl is because his parents didn't approve when he came out, saying it's just a phase and to get a girlfriend. Now, he got a girlfriend to please them but I told him it's not fair for the girl to use her to make his parents happy... you know?"

"That doesn't sound too nice, what did he say to that?" Jisung asked softly, putting the phone on speaker as he started doodling on the paper he had initially grabbed to write lyrics on. He drew thoughtlessly, listening to Minho's rambles.

"He said he knows that, but he can't handle seeing his parents be dissapointed and hate him for who he could really love. I told him to be honest with her but he refuses, saying she's been after him for years —which is true, but still! I ended up telling him to either be an honest man or to live miserably, and then I stormed out of his house..."

"Well," Jisung said, unsure of how to respond, "he'll probably be thinking about your words all day. I think he'll make the right decision because he realised it is serious as you stormed out... And fights happen between friends, I'm sure it'll all be okay. I can see where he's coming from, but he should've probably handled it differently."

"Yeah, I know... I understand it mustn't be easy to not have accepting parents, but he shouldn't try to fix that at the expense of someone else."

"Agreed."

Thankfully the conversation turned lighthearted after that, both boys sharing what they had done that day. Jisung of course hadn't done much, so Minho did most of the talking as he explained how his day at uni had been and the piles of work he'd been assigned. Jisung listened as he wrote some random words Minho was saying onto the paper. Maybe it could serve as inspiration for lyrics, or maybe even a poem. His therapist had suggested it might help him clear his thoughts or calm him down, though he wasn't sure it he'd like that. He decided writing lyrics was better therapy for him, but he listened to the professional regardless.

"So Sungie... Felix is coming next monday right? How are you feeling about it? Excited?" Jisung's breath hitched for a moment as he tensed, but he forced his body to relax.

"I'm nervous but excited... Honestly, he's been sending me messages but I've been ignoring them."

"What? why?"

"Mmm, I don't really know. There is so much we have to say to each other, I don't want to talk over text because I wouldn't have anything left to say when I see him next Monday." Jisung said, speaking only half the truth. He was just scared to talk with Felix again, he just felt too dumb to say it out loud.

"Okay... well, you could consider that you not responding at all would make him nervous as well, right? I don't want to make you feel guilty, but maybe sending a 'I'm excited to see you on Monday' is what he'd like to hear. That can't hurt, right?"

"Yeah... I guess you're right. I'll send him a message, just so he won't stress out too much. Thanks hyung, you always have the best advice."

"Ha ha, I'm glad to hear that! As it's kind of what I want to do for the rest of my life." Jisung heard a knock on the door before it opened. The boy turned as he saw Chaeyeon standing in the doorframe, sniffling as she rubbed her teary eyes. Jisung's eyes immediately widened, turning back to his phone call for a quick second.

"Minho hyung, sorry but I have to go. I'll talk to you later okay? Sorry!" He didn't give the older time to respond as he hung up, throwing the phone on his desk as he practically sprinter across his bedroom. He kneeled down in front of Chaeyeon as she immediately leant in to hug her older brother.

"What's wrong Chae?"

"H-Had a nightmare. Y-You died! I... I had to see you were o-okay!" She sobbed silently, clutching onto her older brother to make sure he was real. "It's okay, I'm still here and I'm not going anywhere. Do you maybe want to sit with me for a bit to relax?"

"C-Can I just sleep here tonight?" She mumbled quietly, feeling somewhat stupid she wanted to sleep with her older brother to feel assured. She was ten after all, she felt like it wasn't a thing kids her age would do anymore. Nevertheless, Jisung smiled softly as he pulled back from the hug.

"Of course, lets go to the bed okay? Pick a side you like and get under the covers." Chaeyeon did as she was told whilst Jisung closed the door behind them. He glanced over at his desk, sighing as he walked up to it to turn off the little light. He grabbed his phone before scooting under the covers himself. Chaeyeon immediately pressed herself against him, secretly being a very affectionate kid. He chuckled as he put his phone on the bedside table as the two of them began to fall asleep, this time without any nightmares.

———————————————————————————

Sorry for the short chapter, I just want to speed up to Lix' return already, but I also want more Minsung interactions!

ALSO HAPPY PRIDE MONTH ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
The best month of the year (as it'll also be my bday soon hehe) You're all valid and i love you ❤️ (platonically)