22

It was a week and a half after the party. Jisung's mother had left for work again after kissing all three of her children goodbye for the time being. Her oldest son ended up confessing about dating Minho the day before she left, not knowing when he'd have the chance to tell her in person. She had been slightly surprised (mostly at the fact that her son had game already) but after that, she'd smiled and congratulated her son for getting 'his mans'.

"Next time your dad and I are home, he is invited to dinner! I need to meet him the first chance I get!"

The only response she received to that was a very shy and dragged out 'mooooom'. Jisung had known this would be her first response, which is why he waited for her to almost leave for another business trip. This way there was no chance she could invite the poor soul over, whom would just end up being interrogated until his brain was fried. Jisung didn't understand why he has this feeling, but a nagging in the back of his mind told him he didn't want his parents to meet Minho. 'It must be the anxiety, I guess', he told himself.

Speaking of his mother, he'd asked her if all his friends could come over for a sleepover the following weekend. It couldn't be the upcoming one, as he had to grind out the last bit of his braincells in order to hand in his final project of the school year. After that, it would just be a couple exams and boom; he'd be done with high school. He really didn't want to redo his final year, so he decided to (last minute) put in his best effort. Not like he was failing, if he had been in high school he would probably be among the top 5 students of his year. He just worried a lot about everything, his future in particular.

Right now though, he found himself laying in his backyard, a small blanket underneath him so he wouldn't just lay in the grass and stain his white shirt green. He'd brought out a book to read but ended up not being able to focus on the words at all, so it was lazily thrown to the side. He'd read a page or sometimes not even more than a paragraph and the words just wouldn't register, causing him to have to reread the entire thing again. So, he ended up giving up on reading alltogether.

With his airpods softly playing music into his ears, he just looked up at the sky. Today was one of those days where the sky is completely clouded, yet the air is still suffocatingly hot. Summer wouldn't start for another 2 months, yet today felt like it was mid-july. So, with the weather being an anomaly for this time of the year, Jisung took the opportunity to go outside (—into his yard).

It was then that his music faded and the soft ringing of his phone replaced Dean's 'Instagram', one of his favorite songs ever . He glanced at his phone, finding his boyfriend's caller ID displayed on the screen. With a smile creeping up on his face, he swiped to the right to accept the call.

"Hey hyungie, what's up?"

"Clouds, mostly. Birds too, depends on where you look." Jisung sighed heavily in response, but the smile didn't leave his lips. 'This guy'.

"Anyways, if you look up, maybe a little more behind you, you might catch a surprise."

Jisung's eyebrows furrowed for a millisecond, sitting up slightly as he turned around. His eyes widened in surprised as his boyfriend stood there, smiling as he saw the boy end the call. 'Instagram' continued playing, but Jisung was quick to double tap his left ear to pause the song.

"Hyung? How did you get in, no one else is home." Minho shrugged mischievously as he walked towards the boy before he sat down on the blanket beside him.