32

Surprisingly enough to all three boys, it had not been nearly as awkward as they had initially anticipated. As soon as Minho sat down next to Jisung, the younger was too preoccupied with a cat that had ran to his lap the second he'd sat down.
"You're so cute." He whispered to the beautiful orange cat, which was now happily purring as Jisung scratched the adorable being under its chin.

"Thanks, people say it's my smile." Minho responded jokingly, causing Jisung's head to shoot up, blush already spreading across his cheeks.

"I wasn't talking to you— wait, I'm not saying you're not cute! You are! Wait— I just think that you're more good looking than cute, I guess?! ... Oh god... Forget literally everything I said just now... please."

So much for things running smoothly.

Minho and Changbin could only laugh as the tomato-like Jisung grabbed the menu and shoved it straight into his face, hoping that chosing a dessert and drink would take his mind off of his embarrassing talking. The two other boys just found it cute though. As Changbin noticed the older boy leaning into Jisung (probably to have a look at the dessert menu as well), he kicked Minho's leg under the table. At least, he thought he kicked Minho's leg.
A yelp was heard, followed by a loud bang as the table trembled from the knee that had shot up against it. The cat on Jisung's lap had dug its nails into the boy's lap as it had been scared to near-death. Another cry was let out by the youngest of the three as he checked the arm he'd been petting the cat with, noticing a small scratch had formed.

"Hyung?! What the hell was that for?!" Jisung said as he pulled his leg out from under the table, letting the cat get off his lap as he started rubbing his knee with a pout.
"I'm so sorry Jisung! I was ment to hit Minho hyung, but your shin—"

"Hold up—! You were gonna kick me? For what?!"

"You know what! You're flirting with the poor boy!"

"F-Flirting?" Minho's eyes widened, confused that his actions were seen as flirting, especially by Changbin. "Yo, Bin. I don't know what type of drug you're on, but I'm just trying to crack some jokes to make Jisung more comfortable. I'm sorry if that might've come across as flirting, but it's really not." Minho then turned to Jisung, who he'd seen had been watching him from his peripheral vision.
"Please let me know if you think I'm flirting. I really don't want to be, I just want to be nice and be friends. I know you mustn't want to date me because I look like well, you know... Anyways— I don't intend to date you as well. The first step is always a friendship, I think if that's not established, dating is based purely on looks, and I don't like that."

"Uhm... I— I didn't see it as flirting, it's okay! I'm just pretty shy and right now I'm even more so... because of you. B-But it's fine! I just need to get used to you being you, which is why we're here! Now, lets eat some cake, okay guys?" Changbin didn't say anything after that, he just grabbed the beverage menu and started looking at all the sugary drinks he could choose from.

Jisung in the meantime, had his thoughts filled with what Minho had just said. Of course the older didn't want to date him. He didn't need to tell him that, as they literally didn't know anything about each other. Minho was just there to help him get over his... trauma? That's what his psychiatrist called it. He himself wanted to see the real Minho and get to know the real Minho, thinking it'd do him good to see how different the real and fake one were when compared to one another.

This Minho had three cats and as far as Jisung knew, no dogs. The boy also joked around a lot more, teasing Changbin endlessly. Jisung bet that when the two of them would be friends, he'd receive the same treatment. He could already tell clear differences, yet the fact that both the face and the voice were the exact same caused the blond to feel the familiarity. He could only imagine cuddling into that chest again. He wondered if it'd feel the same. It had to, right? After all, it is to the physical extent, the same person.