𝐕. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Klaus and Anna approach a girl coming out of her house looking for her dog. "Rudy. Rudy! Come on. It's too hot to make me come looking for you." the girl shouted, she turned and was startled by Klaus and Anna.

"I am so sorry. We didn't mean to scare you." Klaus said in his best American accent and it took everything in Anna not to burst out laughing. "Our car ran out of gas a couple miles back and we were wondering if we could borrow your phone." Anna said also using an American accent.

"Don't you two have phones?" the girl question skeptically, "Our phones died and my silly sister forgot her charger, Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer. I just want to use your phone." Klaus said in the accent that didn't suit him.

"Sure" the girl says, "So we can come in?" Klaus asked, "No, I'll bring the phone out here." she said. "I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting." Klaus said dropping the American accent he was using.

"If I'm being honest Nik, if I saw you outside my house I'd probably stick a knife in you." Anna smiled also dropping the fake accent. "I'm from Florida." the girl said.

"Ah, that explains it." Anna sighed, Klaus steps closer to her and strangles her as he compels her. "Now show me a little Southern hospitality... Sweet pea" Klaus said.

They walked inside where another girl was in the kitchen, "I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning." she said then turned, alarmed at Anna and Klaus with the girl.

"What's going on?" she asked, "Please don't be alarmed. I'm told Ray Sutton lives here." Klaus asked, "He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly." the girl replied.

"But I expect he makes it home once a month" Anna said but the girl stayed silent. "That's what I thought. Where is he now?" Klaus asked, the girl didn't answer.

"If I have to make you tell me, it's going to be infinitely more painful for you." the hybrid said, the girl ran only to be stopped by Stefan who's at the door. "I love it when they run." Klaus smiled.

"He's in Tulley. It's near the border. A bar called Southern Comfort. It's off Highway 41." The girl revealed, "Now wasn't so hard was it?" Anna smiled.

Klaus looked at the girl he compelled, "Can my friend come in?" he asked, "Yes" she said Stefan stepped in and grinned. "Anna, you can have this one." the Original said throwing the girl towards her "Thank god, I'm starving." Anna smirked, "Stefan make this one suffer. I'll wait in the car." he said then left.

Anna smiled before vamping out.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

The trio walk into a bar where they spot the werewolf, Klaus and Anna walk to him "Ray? Ray Sutton?" Klaus asked him, "Who wants to know?" he asks but was eyeing Anna making Klaus scowl. "I've been looking everywhere for you. We started in Florida, Pensacola. I met a young chap there who you worked with you before you moved to Memphis. Now he directed me to two lovely young women. And they led me here." Klaus said.

"I think I'll be going." the werewolf says getting up but Stefan blocks his way quickly. "I wouldn't do that." the vampire said.

"Vampires" he said, "You're swifty swift, Ray. Yes, my friend here is a vampire. He's compelled everyone in the bar, so don't look to them for any help. Anna and I are something different she has a bit of witch a bit of vampire. I... however, I've got some vampire, I've got some wolf." Klaus told him.

"You.... what?" the wolf said completely shook looking between Klaus and Anna, "It's complicating, don't ask." Anna said sitting at the bar. "A hybrid, Ray. I'm both. And Anna is a heretic. You see, I want to create more of me. Now, you being the first werewolf I've come across in many a moon, pun intended, Ray, heh, I need you to direct me to your pack. So... Where can I find them, Ray?" Klaus asks.

"You can't compel me, it won't work." Ray said, Stefan looks at the bartender "I need a scotch on the rocks, please." he said with a little bag in his hands "Ahem. Tell you what, Ray. We're going to play a little drinking game. Something I like to call truth or wolfsbane." the vampire said as Anna downed her whiskey.

"Oh this is going to be fun, Ray." Klaus grinned.

Anna was looking through outfits on her phone as Ray was against the wall, bleeding with darts around him. Stefan stirs a dart in a glass full of wolfsbane and then throws it on Ray, he screams. Klaus looks at them, smiling. "Sadists" Anna sighed keeping her gaze on her phone.

"Ray, you can ended this right now. Just tell me where your pack gathers for the full moon." Stefan said, "I can't" he grunted, "I know, I know, you live by a code and all that. But see, he's not going to let me stop until you tell me and I do whatever he says. That's the way it goes around here." Stefan told him.

A girl approached Klaus and Anna, "Hello Mr. Klaus. I have some information for you. He told me to tell you that he saw that guy's brother Damon at the farmhouse." she informed the hybrid, Klaus grinned.

"Well, thank you, Claudine. You just tell your friends to keep up the good work with the neighborhood watch, huh?" the Mikaelson said, she leaves and Stefan rejoins them.

"My brother's still on our trail?" the vampire asked, "He's getting closer. I'm going to have to deal with that." Klaus said.

"No, no, no. Let me handle it." Stefan told him, Anna raised a questionable brow at him. "Why should I let you leave?" the hybrid asked, "'Cause you know I'll come back." the vampire said.

"Does he?" Anna asked, "You saved my brother's life. I'm in your service." Stefan said to Klaus. "Oh, that almost sounds sounds so tedious and indentured. Aren't you even having the least bit of fun?" the Original asked smirking, "I'll make sure that my brother doesn't bother us anymore." Stefan said then he was gone in a flash.

Klaus turned to face Anna and grinned, "It's moments like these I remember the first time we met, do you remember?" he asked her, "I'll never forget the first time we met. I'll keep trying though." the girl joked as Klaus faked a hurt gasp.

"You're a horrible person." the hybrid said teasingly. "I know it keeps me awake at night." the girl smiled.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Anna watched as Klaus flipped Ray onto the pool table, "Ok, it's a three step process, right? This is step one. I want you to drink from my wrist." the Original told him. "I already told you where to find the pack. What more do you want from me?" Ray asked.

"Have you been listening to what I've been saying, Ray? I have great plans for you" Klaus said. He cuts his wrist and makes him drink his blood. "You'll thank me for it later." he said. "What are you going to do now?" Ray asked, "Step two" the hybrid states then kills him.

Stefan finally shows up, "Ah, the bunny eater's back." Anna smirked. "Did you doubt me?" the vampire asked Klaus, "Not for a second. I knew you'd pass the test. You still care for your brother, for your old life." the Mikaelson told him.

"I don't care about anything anymore." Stefan said making Anna snort as Klaus spoke.

"You put on a good show, Stefan. I almost believe you. Let's hope, for your brother's sake, he does. You never stop caring about family, do you? But every time you feed, the blood makes it easier to let go."

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»