𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐱 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 62

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Annalise's heels clacked against the gym's concrete floor as she caught sight of Elijah who was vigorously punching and kicking a punching bag hung from the ceiling. The heretic raised an interested brow as she took in his appearance, his dark grey tank top doing nothing to hide his biceps that seemed to be calling out to her.

Anna shook her head of such thoughts as she attempted to keep her mind on the reason she was there. The heretic watched Elijah send a rather harsh punch to the bag which caused for it to be ripped off its chains and collide into a bench press and hand weights.

The original turned to meet Anna's expectant gaze, "You alright, my love?"

Elijah pursed his lips before reaching for a towel to plot the sweat from his face and neck. The heretic let out a heavy sigh, "Stressing and shutting yourself out isn't going to help anyone."

Elijah raised a brow, "Anna, I admire you, but I do not think you are the person to tell me not to bottle up my emotions."

Annalise clicked her tongue as she rolled her eyes, "Shut it, anyhow, I have an invitation from your darling Tristan." The heretic held out the black invitation before reading it out loud to her soulmate, "I do hope that you can come, old chum. Signed, Tristan."

Elijah knitted his brows together in curiosity as he approached the Martin girl who handed him the invitation. Annalise licked her lips before speaking, "I was about to leave the compound when a vampire dropped it off."

The vampire's eyes skimmed through the hand written invite as he took in the address. The Davilla Estate.

Annalise searched her lovers gaze, "Are we going?"

"I'm not sure we have much of a choice."

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Annalise rubbed her hands together as she and Elijah entered the compound before trudging up the stairs and towards the study where the two could here two hybrids and a witch bickering.

The heretic's lip tugged upwards in a coy smile as stepped into the room, "Well, I can see the chat here is going well."

Klaus let out an annoyed sigh, "Oh good! It's my not-so-loving older brother and my grudge-holding best friend. What a nice, formal gathering."

Hayley rolled her eyes before giving the original hybrid a fake smile, "Charming."

Annalise full-on ignored whatever blubber had left Klaus' mouth and looked towards Hayley, "What's going on?"

The hybrid pursed her lips, "Klaus was just catching me up on how you have no clue which one of your long-lost buddies you can trust and which one is trying to kill you."