𝐗𝐋𝐈. 𝐀 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 41

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Annalise strolled into the courtyard where Hayley was devouring an array of fruit with breakfast food. "I didn't know you had a secret admirer." the heretic raised a brow.

"I assume it was from Klaus or Elijah." Hayley tossed a strawberry into her mouth. Klaus strut downstairs and furrowed his brows, Hayley glanced up at him, "So, which restaurant's missing a compelled chef?"

The hybrid frowned, "It's certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this." he gestured over to the table of food.

"Hmm. Well, then, I guess we have Elijah to thank?" Anna suggested hoping it was her soulmate.

Elijah joined the three in the room while looking over the breakfast spread before them, "This wasn't my doing."

Hayley tilted her head, "Then, where did this all come from?"

The silver lid on the platter suddenly began to rattle, which startled Hayley and Anna so much that they jolted in fright for a moment. Klaus looked uneasy as he started to lift the platter, which releases two starlings that fly up toward the ceiling, causing the four of them to reflexively duck to avoid being hit.

"What the bloody hell?" Annalise muttered in confusion. The hybrid reached for the invitation before opening it.

Dinner, Your home, 8PM

Klaus' lips parted in concern, "An invitation from our mother."

Hayley pursed her lips, "It is times like this I'm really glad I never knew my mother."

"We have enough enemies here. And now, the war for our home is to be fought against my own family." Klaus ran a hand over his face.

Hayley raised a brow, "Your wretched mother and her disciples tried to put a carving knife through our baby's heart. I will happily add to the body count."

Elijah shook his head, "You will do no such thing. Esther's a master in the art of possession. We know whose body she currently inhabits. We must decipher her intentions before she finds a new host."

"Oh goody, another body jumper." Anna faked enthusiasm.

"Well, her last invitation was an assassination attempt on all her children. I think we can assume her intentions are decidedly foul." Klaus gave his brother a look.

Elijah shrugged, "Well, then. We have..." the vampire checked his watch, "this afternoon to prepare for the worst."

The original vampire turned towards his brunette, "Anna, how do we find out who my mother jumps into when she does?"

The two hybrids turned to glance at the heretic who looked deep in thought for a moment, "Soul-branding. It's a sacrificial spell. I'm going to need an item that's been spelled by Esther and a python."