𝐋𝐗𝐈. 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 61

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Annalise laid back on the couch as Elijah paced around the fireplace. Klaus watched his brother whilst he sat on the wooden desk centered in his study. The hybrid folded his hands together before speaking up, "Given the circumstance, Lucien qualifies as both friend and foe, and according to Freya's prophecy—"

Elijah swiftly cut off the male, "You are to beware both friend and foe. But, let us not forget family, Niklaus."

Anna glanced down at her hands that were placed upon her lap, "Elijah's right, there's someone prophesied to betray you all."

Klaus pursed his lips as his expression morphed into a hurt one, he paused for a short moment before shrugging the thought off, "Lucien's two out of three— I say we put him down. Just like old times."

The original heretic scoffed rather loudly which caused for Klaus to frown at her action. Elijah gazed intently at his lover for a moment before turning towards his younger brother, "Just like old times? Brother, I wonder who among our family do you suppose has the greatest predilection for betrayal?"

The hybrid pressed his lips into a firm line in frustration, "Brother, please—"

Annalise narrowed her eyes at her old friend, "We owe you absolutely nothing, Niklaus. You're upset because you're alone? Because you've finally driven everyone away? Well, suck it up. You brought this upon yourself."

Klaus watched the brunette with a pained expression, "Anna, you have to know—"

"I'm not going to take your half-assed apology. Forget it, Klaus." The Martin heretic turned to meet her soulmate's gaze, "Continue with what you were going to say, love."

Elijah curtly nodded, "Now, before we murder Lucien, there are certain questions that need to be answered. Chiefly, what is he doing here?" the original vampire tilted his head slightly at Anna, "It couldn't be because of his affections for you, could it?"

Klaus looked taken back upon hearing this as it was news to him, "I beg your pardon, affections? For Anna? The heretic?"

Annalise rolled her eyes, "You can hear, wonderful." the brunette glanced back at her lover, "I don't suppose so, what we had was merely more of a fling. I doubt he'd keep his feelings towards after all these years, not to mention the fact that he's in love with another."

"You can always love more than one person. That's not really a stopper." Klaus voiced his comment to which Elijah grew uncomfortable upon hearing the possibility of another holding such emotion for his soulmate.

The original vampire cleared his throat before changing the topic, "And the wolf venom... Why would he lie to you, his sire?" Elijah looked ahead at Klaus who seemed in deep thought.