𝐋𝐈. 𝐀 𝐖𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟 𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 51

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Annalise watched Hayley rummage through old trunks searching for a wedding dress.

"Those cloths look older than me." the heretic pursed her lips making the hybrid shoot her a look, "Well, it's not like I have a wide variety of options."

Anna nodded as she pulled out an old cowboy hat, she let out a soft laugh before placing it on her head, "How do I look?" the Martin heir placed her chin upon her palm before making a posing face.

Hayley turned to glance at her and chuckled, "Like a real howdy princess."

"I'll take the compliment."

The hybrid chewed her lower lip thinking of her next words carefully, "You've been awfully... positive. Which, don't get me wrong, is very pleasant, but not really-"

Anna took off the hat as she slightly frowned, "Me?"

"Yeah."

"Well, if I act like everything's fine then maybe I'll convince myself to believe it."

Hayley frowned before knitting her brows together in confusion, "Klaus told me how you waltzed into the compound livid. What happened?"

Anna swallowed anxiously before beginning to fumble with her hands, "Dear old dad paid me a visit."

The hybrid's eyes widened as her lips parted, "What?"

The heretic nodded, "It wasn't very pleasant."

Hayley opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by a knock on the door, the two girls turned to see Rebekah in her witch body standing near the doorway.

"Alright, bad news first- I will have to miss your nuptials." Rebekah immediately spoke.

Hayley frowned as disappointment became visible in her eyes. Anna noticed the original hiding something behind her back and leaned over to sneak a peek.

Rebekah pursed her lips, "Kol has a bit of a life-and-death matter he needs help dealing with."

The hybrid gazed at the witch, "Anything I can do, Rebekah?" The Mikaelson softly shook her head, "It's witch business. Which now seems to be my thing."

The heretic tilted her head, "Well then count me in, I can help."

Rebekah glanced at her friend, "No, don't worry about it. You should attend Hayley's wedding. I will handle the Kol situation." she then turned to gaze back at the hybrid, "On that note-" The witch pulled out a white lace wedding dress that she was hiding behind the door frame.

Anna's lips parted in realization as Hayley's brows shot up in surprise. Rebekah kindly smiled, "It's white, which won't fool anyone, but you can't get married in skinny jeans and combat boots."