𝟑. 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥

・゚: *・゚:* chapter three —
come one, come all;
2452 words ・゚: *・゚:*  

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* chapter three — come one, come all;2452 words ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  

ANASTASIA WALKED OUT OF CIA'S MUTANT DIVISION AT 10:12 A.M. A bit later than expected, but she was only 12 minutes late. She joined Erik and Charles out by a parked car.

"I'm sorry I'm late," she said earnestly. "Totally lost track of time."

"No harm," Charles replied. He reached into the open window of the car and whipped out a file. "Hank has already looked into our first Mutant: Angel Salvadore."

Anastasia took the file from Charles' grasp. Reading over the information, her lips twitched into a humorous grin. "So she works in a Gentleman's Club? Don't know how well I'm going to fit in there. No shame, though. A girl gotta do what a girl gotta do."

Erik chuckled softly. Him and Charles shared a look at each other and then looked back at Anastasia. "Yeah," Charles said slowly. "We didn't realize that until after we asked and then—"

"You didn't want to seem rude?" Anastasia suggested, finishing Charles' thought. "Well, while you two are talking to Angel, I'll just be out in the car, waiting, like a good little girl."

Anastasia put on a tight smile. It was unconvincing. However, her boisterous laugh afterwards calmed any tension. She hopped in the back of the car while Charles drove with Erik in the passenger side seat. For time constraints, they were only choosing Mutants along the East Coast. Angel had been the closest to their Division, so she was the first name to cross off.

Like she had suggested earlier, she waited in car while Erik and Charles were inside. It only took about hour for them to get in and get out with Angel by their side. On the entire way back to Mutant Division, Anastasia talked to Angel, calming any nerves the girl might've had. They discussed her mutation and the abilities of Hank and Raven who stayed back at base. Time flew, and before they knew it, they were 'home.'

Anastasia quickly helped Angel get adjusted and introduced to everyone before her, Erik, and Charles scurried off to find another Mutant. One by one, some agreed while others refused. Next it was Darwin. Although Anastasia didn't join Erik and Charles on their attempt to talk to him, she gave them pointers on how to express interest in him.

After Darwin came Alex Summer. Anastasia talked with the Prison's warden while Erik and Charles trailed behind. She was very convincing on letting Alex go with them despite the Warden's hesitation. Alex didn't take much convincing, as long as Anastasia promised that no one would get hurt by him. Erik and Charles never heard that last part.

Next to join was Sean Cassidy, a younger kid who jumped at the chance of joining the Mutant Division. He talked to Anastasia about being bored with his normal life and wanted to use his abilities for more than flirting with girls.