𝟐𝟐. 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭

・゚: *・゚:*chapter twenty two —
letters of regret;
2077 words・゚: *・゚:*

・゚: *✧・゚:*chapter twenty two —letters of regret;2077 words・゚: *✧・゚:*

DEAR ANYA,

I'm writing this in hopes of saving your soul. The Enchantress is here. She is coming for you. Her presence entered this universe at 20:46:17. I presume the worst for her universal predecessors. Death and destruction come in her wake.

She will be coming for you, darling. She is not a foe you can defeat. This is not a raging Mutant or murderous robots, this is more. She is frantic, all due to you and your freakish friends tampering with time. What was supposed to happen, didn't, and now she wants blood.

For the love of the Gods, please let her come. You cannot fight her.

Blessed be,
Katherine.

Anastasia folded the letter and placed it on her nightstand. The words of her future self echoed in her mind. Don't trust Katherine and Fight the Enchantress. Both were important in this moment. On the one had, she had Katherine telling her about the Enchantress' arrival and her pleas not the fight. On the other, she had word from her future self to not trust Katherine and to fight. It was split.

When green, turns black, turns red.

What the absolute fuck does that mean? Why couldn't her future self give more specifics?

Anastasia placed a book on top of letter to prevent easy access to nosey people. She stood up, brushing wrinkles out of her pants, and rounded about her bed. Slipping on a pair of shoes, she stepped out of her bedroom and down the wooden hallways.

Despite all attempts of being quiet — although there wasn't a need to be silent, she preferred not to disturb others — the floorboards creaked under her soft footsteps. She checked her wristwatch for the time, hoping her timing was precise. Just as she turned the corner to head down the stairs that lead to the foyer, a loud voice caught her by surprise.

"Anastasia!" Alex Summers exclaimed. He stepped away from his reunion with Hank and headed towards the bottom step. Within a second, Anastasia had rushed down the stairs and leapt into his arms. They held each other in this embrace for a moment before pulling away. Broad smiles filled their entire faces.

"Look at you!" he said loudly. "Last time I saw you, Charles was putting you in the ground."

The boy standing behind Alex tilted his head. Anastasia could feel his confusion without having to see his furrowed eyebrows that were hidden by the blindfold over his eyes.

"Honestly, when Charles told me you were alive, I thought he had finally lost it." He sighed. "But here you are."

"Look at you!" she said right back at him. She raised her hand and ruffled up his hair that grew down near his shoulders. "Still looking handsome."