𝟏𝟖. 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧

・゚: *・゚:*chapter eighteen —
rushing to washington;
2359 words ・゚: *・゚:*

 ✧ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*chapter eighteen —rushing to washington;2359 words ✧ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

[ JUNE 1963 ]

THE WOMAN, DECKED OUT IN ALL BLACK, STOPPED IN FRONT OF GRAVESTONE. She tilted her head, reading the lettering etched into stone —

ᴀɴᴀsᴛᴀsɪᴀ ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴏᴠ
ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ, sɪsᴛᴇʀ, ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ
ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴀʟʟ
𝟷𝟿𝟺𝟶 - 𝟷𝟿𝟼𝟸

She pursed her lips together, contemplating. Looking over her shoulder, she watched as the final light in the large mansion shut off. Perfect timing. The full moon above lit up everything in her vision.

Raising the shovel into the air, she pushed it down into the earth, bringing up dirt and tossing it to the side. She did this repeatedly, for hours. She shoveled out six feet of dirt, panting as it was strenuous labor. Her blonde hair stuck to her sweaty face. For a moment she paused, wiping away the sweat and pulling her hair back into a bun.

Finally, she shovel hit the ground with a thud, and she stopped. Getting onto her knees, she brushed the remaining dirt off from the coffin and smiled. She bared her teeth like an animal.

The women leapt out of the grave. She raised her hands in the air. Green energy coiled itself around the coffin as she motioned to lift it into the air. Carefully, it landed on the ground next to the hole. Again, using her mind, she flung the lid open.

Despite being dead for 8 months, Anastasia looked exactly the same. There wasn't any sign of decomposition or erosion on her pristine skin. The woman looked down at the girl, reaching out to stroke her hair. Pausing, she felt a sharp stab in her chest that disappeared when she pulled away.

The confusion lasted for a second. Moving past that peculiar moment, she bent over. She hooked her arm under the backs of Anastasia's knees and her arms. Due to her not necessarily being the strongest person, she struggled to lift the dead weight out of the coffin. Regardless, she was able to lift Anastasia up enough to lay on the soft grass beneath them. She formed a ball of green energy in her palm and placed it on Anastasia's chest.

"Resurgemus," she murmured.

Anastasia's eyes shot open. She gasped for air and started to pant as oxygen rapidly entered and exited her lungs. Looking up at the night sky, the stars and the moon calmed her.

"There, there," the woman cooed. "It's all alright. You're back now."

Anastasia looked at the woman strangely, her eyes going wide. A strangled chain of grunts and gasps left her lips.