𝟏𝟓. 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

・゚: *・゚:*chapter fifteen —
confrontations;
2361 words ・゚: *・゚:*

ANASTASIA FLICKED HER HAIR OVER HER SHOULDER, DRAWING ATTENTION TO HERSELF

ANASTASIA FLICKED HER HAIR OVER HER SHOULDER, DRAWING ATTENTION TO HERSELF. She sat in the middle of a busy train station, watching the faces of people go by. It had been hours since she lost track of Erik or Raven. She was hoping that maybe she'd see either one of them pass through the station, leaving Paris. That was a lie. She was drawing attention to herself, fidgeting in her seat. They were going to find her before she found them. And that's what she wanted.

She felt a sudden tug on her arm, followed by an entire hand wrapping around her upper arm and dragging her away. At first, she faked fear, trying her best to hit at the hand and break its grasp. But the second the hand left her arm, pushing her into an empty waiting area, she knew she got exactly what she wanted.

Anastasia whirled around, grabbing his shoulder and slamming his body up against the door he has just closed.
Erik clenched his jaw, feeling Anastasia's body close to his. He completely ignored the stabbing feeling in his neck.

"If I see anything metal move — even a Goddamn screw — I will shove this so far into your neck that —"

"I won't," he mumbled. His voice was soft and airy as he looked down at her. He could help but to be vulnerable around her. Even if she was threatening to kill him in this moment.

"You're quite something else?" Anastasia asked rhetorically, her eyes narrowing at him. "Aren't you?"

"I was doing what I thought was best to secure our future," Erik replied.

"You tried to kill Raven!"

"So they couldn't get her at any point in time," Erik said harshly. His sudden change in behavior resulted in Anastasia pushing a broke shard of a pen further into his neck. "I was trying to keep them from making the Sentinels."

Anastasia was quiet. She had seen well enough into Logan's mind to see the destruction the Sentinels leave in their wake. She had witnessed the death of many Mutants and humans with certain genetic markers. It was brutal with mass graves being dug every other day.

She understood Erik — thats was the worst part. Of course killing Raven would solve the future's problem, but that wasn't the right they to do. Raven was Anastasia's friend, she knew that she had been alive all this time. She would stay the night, bring medical supplies, give money. Raven was kind to Anastasia and Ivan. She didn't deserve to die, no matter how screwed up the future was.

"It's not that it even matters," Erik continued, his voice still extremely quiet. "They have her blood; they scraped it off the street."

Anastasia rolled her eyes. With a soft shove, she pushed herself away from Erik, tossing the broken pen on to the ground. Only the faint light peaking through the windows illuminated the room. This place was most likely long forgotten as the city this train station area once went to collapsed during World War Two. She leaned up against the backs of the seats, keeping a close eye on Erik.