𝟏𝟒. 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝

・゚: *・゚:*chapter fourteen —
back of the mind;
2333 words  ・゚: *・゚:*

ERIK, CHARLES, HANK, AND LOGAN ALL STOOD IN THE FOYER OF ANASTASIA'S HOME

ERIK, CHARLES, HANK, AND LOGAN ALL STOOD IN THE FOYER OF ANASTASIA'S HOME. They were all quiet, refusing to cut any tension between the four of them. They were supposed to leave with Anastasia five minutes ago, but she had yet to come down the stairs.

Erik felt a tug on the back of his shirt. Looking over his shoulder, he saw the young boy looking up at him. His bright blue eyes shined up at him with such amazement.

"Are you like Mommy?" he asked, his voice very weak. "Do you have powers, too?"

Erik furrowed his eyebrows, but knelt down to get on the boy's level. "I have powers, yes."

The boy grinned. His crooked teeth leaking between his lips. "Erik?" he asked, continuing once Erik nodded. "Mom calls you a Fridge Magnet."

"Theo!" Anastasia hollered, her foot steps echoing down the stairs. She turned the corner and stepped into the foyer, smiling softly at the boy. "Hey, bub. Dad's looking for you."

"Dad has a stick up his butt," Theodore muttered under his breath. "Why can't I come with you?"

Anastasia stifled back a laugh. As Theodore walked away from Erik and towards Anastasia, she knelt down next to him. She smoothed out the wrinkles on his pajamas and ran her fingers through his hair, ruffling it all up.

"I know he does," she hummed. "But I have to go deal with something real quick, and as much as I'd love for you to come with, it's a boring adult thing. But I'll be back and we will all go to America. Doesn't that sound fun?"

Theodore scrunched his nose up. "I guess," he mumbled, shrugging.

Anastasia ruffled with the boy's hair and stood up, kissing him on the forehead. Theodore moodily walked up the stairs. The soft look and smile on her face dropped dramatically into her more angry and stoic expression.

"You fools ready?" she asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"What happened to that other woman?" Charles asked. "The one who opened the door?"

Anastasia furrowed her eyebrows together before realizing what he was talking about. "Oh — Elena? She's not real."

"Not real?" Erik asked.

Shaking her head, Anastasia waved her hand in the air. From the thin air, a green light flowed, forming a woman standing behind Anastasia. She smiled softly. "Can I help you?" she asked, staring blankly. Anastasia waved her hand again and woman disappeared.

All but Logan, stared at her in shock. Where the actual fuck did she learn all of this? Erik thought. He shook his head, pulling himself out of his thoughts.