𝟖. 𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

・゚: *・゚:* chapter eight —
wicked games;
2072 words ・゚: *・゚:*

IF ERIK HAD NOTICED ANYTHING IN THE LAST COUPLE DAYS, IT'S THAT ANASTASIA OFTEN SCRUNCHED HER NOSE UP WHEN SHE FELT HAPPY

IF ERIK HAD NOTICED ANYTHING IN THE LAST COUPLE DAYS, IT'S THAT ANASTASIA OFTEN SCRUNCHED HER NOSE UP WHEN SHE FELT HAPPY. It was adorable, truly. Often accompanied by a smile, every time her face slightly shifted, it brought a sense of joy to Erik. She would do it before kissing him — or right after — and it became so frequent, that even he picked it up. Although, every time he scrunched up his nose was to mimic her.

Along with her 'cute nose,' as Erik would describe it, she also had an aroma he became obsessed over. The rosey smell mixed with hints of lemongrass drove him nuts. While she searches for a book in the library, Erik would come up behind her and wrap his arms around her torso, inhaling the sweet smell. She enchanted him without even trying.

Charles had grown to fear their relationship. Erik had come up to him right after their night together and told him the truth — he loved Anastasia and they were 'together.' The together part was a bit shakey considering the full extent of their relationship was lying to their friends and seeing each other in secret. Erik had only told Charles, so the telepath wouldn't accidentally see it in either one of their minds. But Charles had lost all access to Anastasia's mind.

One afternoon, while talking to her brother, Anastasia felt a painful, stabbing headache. It was Charles. He had attempted to tap into her mind but failed. The explanation was escaping him, and he tried everything. He could see Erik's mind, which was mainly filled with thought about Anastasia.

"I'm worried," Charles admitted, standing across from Erik in the gravel drive. He had explicitly asked for them to talk in private, away from the house and away from prying ears.

Erik furrowed his eyebrows together. "What about?" Any inferences he had related to Shaw and Mutants. That's what they should be worried about, not her.

"You and Anastasia."

"Me and Anastasia?" he asked, taken aback by Charles. He paused for a second, thinking. "Do you think I'm taking advantage of her?"

Again with that fear. Erik couldn't shake it. She was emotionally blocked off since the revelation of her powers, and he fear that their budding relationship was only a result of him swooping in and comforting her.

"No, Erik," Charles responded. "I think she's taking advantage of you!"

Erik stared at Charles blankly before letting out a humorless laugh. "Her? Taking advantage of me?" he asked, repeating Charles. Once the other man nodded, Erik burst out into more laughter. "I'm sorry, Charles, but she's not necessarily the manipulative type."

Charles crossed his arms defensively over his chest. "I don't think she's consciously doing it." He paused as he looked over at the house, reassuring himself that no one was coming out. "I didn't tell her at the time — which was a good choice because I was already overwhelming her — but way back when she was trying to keep me out of her head and seeing that she was a Russian spy, she would imagine herself with Hank—"