𝟏𝟕. 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐩𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞

・゚: *・゚:*chapter seventeen —
cerebro needs an upgrade;
2650 words
— contains light spoilers for BH ・゚: *・゚:*

 ✧ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*chapter seventeen —cerebro needs an upgrade;2650 words — contains light spoilers for BH  ✧ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

ANASTASIA GINGERLY STEPPED INTO CEREBRO. It was different from her memory. Hank made some improvement to the machine, enhancing a few aspects. Most notably, majority of the walling was blue. She pursed her lips as she tied her hair back into a low bun, a few stray strands slipped out of the bun, framing her face and brushing against her neck.

Her eyes wondered up towards the center of Cerebro. The command center of it started to light up, fogged over with a thick layer of dust.

"When was the last time you were down here?" Logan asked, walking behind Charles and Hank, but in front of Anastasia.

"The last time we went looking for students," Hank replied.

"A lifetime ago," Charles added.

Anastasia peered over Logan's shoulder as they stopped right in front of the machine itself. She could feel Charles's hesitation and apprehension. His hands shook as he reached for the head piece. He blew hard, particles of dust coming off in a cloud. Carefully, he placed it over his head just as Hank started to flip the switches and get Cerebro running again.

"Raven's wounded — she won't be moving fast," Hank explained.

Charles rolled his shoulders back, trying to ease the tight tension in his neck. "These are muscles I haven't stretched in a long time."

Anastasia looked over her shoulder, the doors of Cerebro closing. Closing her eyes, she focused strongly on the feeling of relief. It was Theodore. The boy had felt such a surge of comfort and relief after Hank quickly made up a molecular device to keep him locked in the current world.

Currently, as Anastasia was downstairs in Cerebro, Ivan was upstairs in his old bedroom with Theodore. Charles put forth all of his library for their enjoyments, so Ivan and Theodore were currently on the second chapter of THE GREAT GATSBY, seeing as it was the boy's favorite novel.

Charles was impressed by Theodore picking that book. It may be a short novel compared to other books, but it featured many heavy topics that seemingly could go over a child's head. However, Anastasia quickly explained that due to their isolation for the past 10 years, she had taught him plenty of things already. Theodore was terrible in Mathematics and Science, unlike Anastasia who often excelled in those subjects. On the flip side, Anastasia was terrible in the comprehension of Literature, while Theodore soared above everyone else.

Anastasia turned back towards Charles just as the headpiece lit up. The room glowed red with little white spots speckled like stars in the night sky. Charles eyes darted back and forth quickly as the voices were becoming too much for him to bear. The red blurs flew past their heads.