The Cluster

Steven: "I-I want to help them but they wont let me... what should i do?" He becomes distressed.

Peri: "Why don't you just go against their orders, isn't that your whole thing, rebelling?" Peri says while walking over to the drill, going over it one last time.

As she is climbing the ladder to get into the drill the earth trembles and cracks open the dirt, the ladder falls with Peri on it and you try to catch her but you're not fast enough and she falls with a loud thud onto the ground. 

Y/N: "S-sorry i couldn't catch you in time Peri." You give her a hand and help her up.

YP then come out of the barn worried.

YP: "W-what was that, why did the earth shake?" She says visibly distressed.

Y/N: "That was an earthquake, they happen all the time." You walk over to her and pat her head to try to calm her down, she gets a visible blush.

YP: "I-I see, why are they happening?" she says slightly better.

Peridot: "Normally it's the earths tectonic plates shifting, but it's a gem fusion this time." she puts the ladder back and climbs back up and begins checking the screens. "... Wait this isn't the fusion, the cluster, it's getting ready to emerge." Peri and YP get a become distressed.

Steven: "I-I need to help the gems, they can't win against Malachite." He begins to think on how to help them. "O-oh right the watermelon Stevens, i can become one of them, i'm safe and i can help the gems." He fixes the blanket, lays down, and tries to fall asleep.

Peridot: "What are you doing?" She climbs out of the drill.

Steven: "the only way for me to become a Watermelon Steven is to sleep." He then quickly falls asleep." 

Y/N: "That was fast..." You say surprised.

Peridot: "We stayed up pretty late watching camp pining hearts."She climbs into the drill. "Anyway i need one of you to help me destroy the cluster, they'll be smaller shards on the way to the main cluster and i need someone to defend the drill with the turret I made." she starts the drill.

 Y/N: "I-I'll g-"  YP suddenly clings to your back.

YP: "P-Please don't leave me, not again, i don't want to be left alone." you can feel her tears on your back.

Y/N: "YP, I'll come back, i promise, besides if Peri fails, there will be no planet for me, or us to live on." You turn around and hug her back, you can fell her grip tighten. "Besides you need to watch Steven, make sure he doesn't fall into a hole." She slowly lets go of you.

YP: "O-Ok." She walks over to Steven sits down, and puts her head to her knees. you climb into the drill and sit down

Y/N: "It's kinda cramped in here." Your knee hits a button that starts the drill for a second.

Peridot: "Y-You clod." She struggles to turn the drill off, but is able to.

Y/N: "S-sorry." You try and fit yourself into the seat with some success.

Peridot: "It's ok, just don't do that again." she goes over all the systems making sure they are all ready to go. "Ok, i think we're good to go now, you ready." she looks over to you.

Y/N: "Y-Yea, i'm ready to go." Peri starts the drill and you slowly begin to dig into the earth, YP and Steven disappear and all you can see is dirt now. "So, how long is it going to take to get to the cluster?"

Peridot: "Approximately five hours." she then flips a switch that says autopilot.

Y/N: "Thats quite a while." She then flips a switch and music turns on.

A/N: so another chapter is out, and sorry for a cliff  hanger type ending, but the next chapter i have a good idea. Anyway good Morning/Day/Night and see you in the next chapter bye.