A new gem

you begin to rise back to the surface, worried about YP and how she's doing through this whole ordeal, as you see the light of the surface happiness comes over you, "We have safely arrived at the surface Y/N just a second while I park the drill." She stops the drill and places the drill partially into the ground so it doesn't move and then locks the position of the drill legs. "Ok Y/N it is safe to exit the drill, I hope the crystal gems are as successful in their endeavor as we were. You jump out of the drill, YP and steven are not too far from the drill, and you begin to walk over to her, she notices and jumps into you wrapping her arms around you almost knocking you down.

"H-hey you ok, did anything happen while I was gone?" She gains her composure and lets go of you, "no, I was simply happy you returned unharmed." steven then wakes up, and he has a saddened look on his face. "How did the fight with malachite go?" you ask concerned because of his reaction. "We were able to destabilize her, and capture Lapis and jasper, but because of the earthquakes jasper fell into the ocean, but we were able to save Lapis and the gems are heading back here. Confused you ask, "What does destabilize mean, and who are jasper and Lapis?" "Oh, right you don't know what fusion is." He begins to think of a good way to explain, "you know how the mechs combine to make a bigger and stronger mech, gems can fuse together to make a bigger and more powerful gem, Jasper and Lapis are the two gems that made up the fusion malachite, Jasper is a homeworld gem sent here two capture me and any of the rebellion, and she almost did but we escaped." You and  YP sit thinking this will be a long story, "and Lapis is also a gem from homeworld but was captured and imprisoned in a mirror. I helped her escape and Jasper forced her into a fusion but Lapis was able to trap Jasper in that fusion and went to the bottom of the ocean, but she became too weak after fighting for so long so Jasper took control." Bombarded with information you listen intently, trying to keep up with his explanation of the situation. "Alexandrite was able to defeat Malachite so now Lapis is safe, but Jasper got away." "What are you gonna do with Lapis now Steven?" Steven replies, "I don't know, I was thinking of asking if she could stay with you and YP for now until we figure out what she wants to do." "I don't mind helping this gem while she tries to figure out what to do, do you mind YP?" Slightly worried YP replies, "I do not mind this gem joining us as long as she will not cause trouble for Y/N." the crystal gems then show up, Garnet carrying who you assume to be Lapis.

Pearl then says, "Peridot, Y/N you have returned, and the earth isn't shattered so I assume your mission went smoothly." "We were able to stop the cluster from reforming but something weird happened with Y/N, even I don't know what happened." Peridot says, "once we got close to the cluster Y/N passes out and a few minutes later the cluster lost the energy it needed to reform." They all look at you, "Are you ok Y/N?" YP asked worried again, "yes I'm ok YP, actually, I feel kinda energized, when I passed out, I was in a weird void with all the gem shards, I could hear their thoughts, they wanted to form, I got scared and absorbed something from the shards, suddenly some gems appeared in front of me, and one of them called me black diamond." Garnet, Pearl, and YP are visibly shocked, "but that's impossible, black disappeared after pink was shattered during the war." Pearl exclaims, "wait, I've never heard of a black diamond  before." Peridot says confused, "After the war, the Diamonds put out an order not to speak of Black diamond." YP explains to the group, "As such almost no gems made after era 1 know of Black diamond." With more questions than answers Peridot lets you continue your story. "I then asked the gem shards not to form and they all seemed to listen to me, and I returned them to their shards and the cluster calmed down." after a few minutes of silence everyone seems to have processed the information. "Garnet can Lapis stay here at the barn with Y/N and YP." The stoic gem thinks for a few seconds, "I don't see a problem with that, I didn't have a plan in mind for her anyway." "Hey!! if Lapis gets to stay in the barn, I'm moving there too, I've gotten tired of the bathroom at Stevens's House." Peri exclaims. "I don't mind, we have enough room for everyone, what about you YP." "I do not mind if you do not Y/N." With that, everyone begins to head back to their home, but Steven goes back with you to the barn so he can be there with Lapis when she wakes up.  Lapis is in an extra bedroom on the second floor of the barn and you go to sleep.

A/n: sup.