The verdict

"You probably heard about the accident?", asked Dumbledore, his gaze resting on the Head of Slytherin House.
Slughorns Eyes became darker.
"Yes, I did. It's terrible that someone was so cold-hearted and cursed a student. Back in my days, that would not have happened at Hogwarts, Albus", Slughorn said defiantly. Dumbledore crossed his arms offended as if it was his fault that James Potter was attacked.
Severus was anxiously sinking into his chair.
Nervously, he scratched his fingernails on the back of his hand until the skin took on a reddish tone.
"Horace, the reason I sent you here is because we've already been able to catch the person who attacked.", said Dumbledore
Slughorn raised an eyebrow.
"And why am I here all alone?", he asked desperately, turning left and right, as if looking for the other professors.
"Because the person is from your house, Horace", replied Dumbledore, seeing the mouth of the other professor drop open in shock, "It was Snape. "
For a moment, Slughorn just sat there, as if looking for the right words that he couldn't think of.
Severus had closed his eyes. There was a terrible noise in his head.
He had a headache.
Added to this was the urge to shout out all his anger, sadness and disappointment.
"Snape? Severus Snape?", asked Slughorn confused after a while in a shaky voice.
Severus tried with all his might to hold back his tears.
The headache became so bad that he feared his head would explode at any moment.
For a second, Severus wondered if death was perhaps even more pleasant than the conversation between the two teachers.
"If it is true, I am in favour of an immediate suspension, Albus. Snape is dangerous to everyone here at Hogwarts", Professor Slughorn said succinctly, pressing his thin lips together.
With cold eyes, he stared past Dumbledore into the void.
Severus, who had still narrowed his eyes tightly, felt that a tears rolled down his pale face. He couldn't believe what Slughorn had just said.
Suspension.
Immediate suspension.
Self-hate began to eat up his already broken heart.
Severus knew he had lost everything.
Everything.
Just Everything.
He had ignored his friends, Lucius and Bellatrix.
He had violated the trust of Lupin and Lily.
He almost killed Potter.
He disappointed Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall and Professor Slughorn.
Severus would never return to Hogwarts.
Instead, he would have to go back to his family at Spinner's End.
Dealing with his father's beating again. Getting purple and dark blue bruises all over his body.
Watching his parents fight every day.
Hearing his mother scream in pain.
"P-Professor, please! I want to stay here! I want to stay in Hogwarts!", Severus shouted in sadness, so that it only started to hurt in his ears. He tried to control his voice, but in the meantime he couldn't help but just scream. Severus' throat was dry and burned like fire. His eyes hurt like hell from the crying.
His words overlapped and he looked into Professor Slughorn's frightened face.
"I'm sorry, Snape. I cannot and will not be able to allow you to continue visiting Hogwarts.", he said, and his old eyes narrowed, "You are a danger to yourself and other student."
With these words Slughorn ended his speech, nodded to Professor Dumbledore sincerely, and silently left the office.
Severus turned his red face to Dumbledore. He felt the need to say something, but he was lacking words. Professor Slughorn's speech felt like a stab in the heart.
His words echoed in Severus' head.
He's a danger to himself.
A danger to everyone else.
Was Severus really such a terrible and cruel boy who should best be sent to Azkaban for the rest of his life? Far from everything that made life precious and worth living? Where the dementors would suck out his dark, cold soul? Where he'd lose his mind?
"Unfortunately, I can only repeat what Professor Slughorn has just said. In some way, I agree with him, although I find his judgment too radical", Professor Dumbledore said quietly.
He picked up his wand, which was on the table in front of him, and gently touched the flickering flames of the two candles. The flames immediately extinguished and Severus knew that Dumbledore had nothing to say to him either.

Professor Dumbledore told Severus to go to his dormitory without any detours. He would leave Hogwarts today and an owl to his family would soon be on it's way. Severus' Legs were heavy as metal. Never before had he felt so frustrated. Severus walked down the long, dark corridors to the dungeons. With his eyes being sore and swollen, he looked down at the ground. He would run on that floor for the last time in his life. He would never be allowed to enter Hogwarts again.
Severus' got dizzy.
Only now did he realize how exhausting and stressful the conversation with Dumbledore and Slughorn had been. Severus began to rub his irritated eyes. He blinked and looked out of one of the windows in the corridor.
It had started to snow outside. The white snow slowly covered the whole school. Where Severus lived, Spinner's End, there was no snow. Never. He remembered well how one morning in the first year of school he was on his way to Herbology and the whole castle was snowed up. Oh, how much he would miss the snow.
Severus remembered Dumbledore's order, shook his head and continued on his way to the dungeons.

In the dungeon it was unusually quiet, neither from the kitchen, nor from the house of Hufflepuff sounded voice or other noises.
It was disturbing and pleasant at the same time.
Severus stood at the door of his house, whispered the password and entered the common room.
No other Slytherins were present to his relief. And Severus saw it as a good opportunity to say goodbye to the common room. He walked slowly down the stairs. His black eyes looked around the room.
A small fire was blazing in the big fireplace.
The comfortable leather sofas, on which Severus had spoken together with Lucius and Bellatrix, stood in the middle of the common room. Something seemed to be lying on one of the sofas, but Severus didn't mind it. Instead, he continued to look around the common room.
The magnificent wallpaper of famous Slytherins decorated the walls.
And the mighty and tall windows, through which you sometimes saw water creatures, extended at the other end of the common room.
Everything was in a greenish light thanks to many enchanted candles and lamps.
Severus sighed wistfully and, without much regard for what was behind him, placed himself on one of the leather sofas.
"Merlin, watch out!"
Severus jumped up with a cry and turned around in shock. Someone was lying on the sofa.
And of course, he knew immediately who owned those beautiful green eyes and the divine ginger hair.
"L-Lily?", Severus asked confusedly. He wasn't sure if he had gone mad and imagined it all.
"Who else, Sev?", she giggled, rubbing her arm on which Severus had accidentally sat down.
"But why are you here? How did you even get in here?"
Lily pointed to a tiny vial lying next to her on the sofa.
The vial bore the inscription "Polyjuice Potion" and next to it was a piece of curled black hair.
"Are you- Did you really- Unbelievable!", Severus laughed surprised
"It wasn't easy to get Black's hair. Luckily, I sat behind her in Divination.", Lily explained, and a cunning smile appeared on her face.
"Really? Amazing! But tell me".., Severus turned red and sat down on the floor in front of Lily, "Why are you here?"
Lily's laughter disappeared instantly and her eyes became glassy.
She looked quietly into the blazing fire in the fireplace.
Then she smashed her fist on the back of the sofa. Severus was startled.
"It's terrible that Professor Slughorn wants to kick you out! He's going way too far!", Lily histed, still looking into the fireplace.
"And if he wants to kick you out", her green eyes were now on Severus, "he has to kick me out, too."
Severus jumped up.
"No. No! What are you talking about?", he stuttered, not realizing he had got up.
"I'm not staying here without you, Sev!"
Lily took a deep breath and got up, too. Determined, she was standing in front of Severus and took his hand.
Severus felt a blush on his pale face. He looked at Lily's hand with embarrassment. Because if he looked into her beautiful, lovely and fabulous eyes again, Severus would forget space and time. How many times had he gotten into embarrassing situations because Lily's eyes had enchanted him and bewitched his mind.
"You're an important person in my life, Sev. I don't want to be at Hogwarts without you. It would all be sad and depressing. Almost as if a part of my heart was missing.", Lily whispered and squeezed his hand lovingly.
"But what about Potter? He will certainly not be amused that you want to leave school because of me", Severus said in a subdued voice and continued to avoid eye contact.
It took Lily a few seconds to find an answer. Meanwhile, she caressed his hand.
"I'm old enough to decide for myself. And no one will tell me what to do and what not to do", Lily hissed biting.
There was a knock on the door of the Slytherin common room.
Severus and Lily fumbled. Confused, both turned their heads to the door.
"Who could that be?", Severus asked scared, hoping it wasn't Professor Dumbledore. Actually, he should have packed his stuff in the dormitory long ago.
Severus bit his lower lip as Lily slipped up the stairs of the common room.
It knocked again and Lily almost lost her balance in fright.
She turned around and looked at Severus anxious face.
Lily hesitated for a moment before gently pushing down the door handle.