Chapter 21 : Truth?

Ever imagined Harry in the woods? (pict. on the side)
Alright carry on.

****

I undecidedly drive my way to the place where we've decided to meet; I picked up a more crowded area which is the mall for my own sake. My phone vibrates, his name flashing across the screen for the fifth time since I drove off the parking lot of the hotel. I took the phone and shoved it inside my pocket, feeling anxious of what I'm about to do right now. I know she's dangerous, I've proven that last time. But I'm still making my way to meet her; I'm shoving myself into her pit of death. I don't know what to feel, I think I've already felt all types of fright that I should have slowly to discover as I grow old. I shouldn't have, I'm too young.

I arrived at the mall and took deep breaths after I parked. Whatever she's planning to do or she's going to say... I'm going to record it.

I took my phone from my pocket as I walked through the path where we're about to meet, making sure to open the app before I reached the coffee shop. As soon as I arrived, I saw her sitting at a table for two at the corner with a small smile on her face. It wasn't a pleasant smile or a sweet smile; it was the kind of smile I never wanted to see. A creepy scary smile that I once saw when she innocently hand us some tea, that later on sends us to the hands of those kidnappers.

I slowly walked towards her, two cups of coffee already awaits at the small table in front of her. There's no way I'm going to touch that. Who knows where I might end up if I took just a single sip from it. She might not take me anywhere; I might die here right away.

"Glad you came before the coffee gets cold." My eyes darted down to the coffee on the table. "I know you might not drink it, but I still took a chance."

I raised a brow. "A chance, do you really think that I will fall for that again?"

She raised her hands in mock defense; and I swear I want to spill that coffee on her face to remove that smile on her face. She wasn't supposed to be smiling; I could send her to jail right now. Well that is before Harry says he couldn't remember me and all that shit. I sigh at the thought; I'm fucking alone in this battle.

"I didn't do anything on your coffee Love."

"I'm not going to touch that anyway." I say in a hard tone.

She shrugged and folds her arms onto the table. "So, you have cleared your mind now?"

"There's nothing wrong in my mind, but I believe you owe me some information about Harry and I think I could listen to you."

She smiled again and it irritates me even more.

"How are you Love?" she asked nonchalantly.

I scoffed at her. "Why do you care?" I leaned forward, "If you were inside a jail cell right now, I think to be worried about me will be the least of your concerns." I spat.

She straightened in her seat as our conversation became uncomfortable for her, and I liked it better than her smiling like an idiot. I didn't want to be rude at her; I just want to know the truth and not her playing-to-be-nice act.

"Being like that won't help. Why, you're confident Harry is behind you?" I shifted in my position, suddenly became edgy and she smiled. She knows she hit a spot. "Why, you look flustered? Is dear Harry really with you? Or did he just break up with you?"

"Shut up."

"Wait or maybe you're getting cold treatments from him now?"

"Stop."

"Or maybe he didn't really love you after all; maybe he's just using you."

I leaned forward to reach her, her face or her hair, any part where I could probably hurt her. But she caught my wrist. "If I were you I'm not going to do that. It might still be dangerous here." She says, looking around the coffee shop.

I felt suddenly cold and the hairs at the back of my neck and arms suddenly rose. The feeling of being watched came to me as I roam my eyes around, and sure I spotted a hooded man at the other corner. He's not facing in our direction and the lighting was not in a right angle for me to see his face but seeing him sends my heart in a in a fast beating pace.

"I can call the police right now." I say, snatching my hand back. "And next thing you'll know, you'll be having coffee with your friend there in jail. No one wants to get married in a jail. Oh no one wants to be married in a kidnapper anyway, well except you."

"But no one wants a boyfriend who can't even remember you." A smile slowly spreads across her pale face, she did a great come back. Hell she did great; I want to slice her head off right now using the small saucer lying under the coffee cup. She stirs her coffee and looked at me, more pleasant this time.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that." She said before taking a sip from her coffee. "I've always liked you and I've always wanted someone like you as a daughter."

"Thanks but no thanks, I have a mother and I love her very much. You're nothing like her and I would never like you."

She placed her coffee back on the saucer and gave me a sympathetic look. "I understand, I mean who would? Right?"

There was silence. I didn't know why she suddenly said that; maybe she had a daughter somewhere. Or maybe she's just crazy.

"I want you to know Love, that you cannot trust anybody anymore. Get away from Harry, don't even talk to him. He's a bad person." She says with a stern look in her eyes, then suddenly rose from her seat to leave.

I don't understand, why she always says that. "Why?" is the only word I could utter.

She placed her hand on my shoulder and whispered, loud enough for me to hear. "Harry is one of us. He's just pretending. If you want us in jail, you should send him in first."

I shook my head in disbelief, she's not telling the truth. "N-no, that can't be true. He's hurt and t-the scars, he had scars. He escaped just like me and..." I cannot continue to say anything anymore; she walks away with a smile on her face. She walks confidently without a care in the world, not scared that someone might testify against her. No one.

And now saying Harry's with them only shreds my heart into pieces. Who am I going to trust?