Chase (Part 2)

"RUN!" Harry shouted, sending me a sudden jolt before I took a large step forward and run for our lives.

Big leaps and steps are made creating sounds in each step, twigs snap and dry leaves crack. Heavy breathing and wind whistling. Trees sway and birds chirping. Looks like its gonna rain. But being soaked in the rain was not my main concern right now.

I looked behind, but not able to see anything. The wind blows from behind, making my hair block the sight.

"Go! Go!" I heard Harry behind me. Hearing his voice gives me more strength to move.

I made each step bigger this time, pushing some branches along the way. Eager to find the right path towards the open. Not giving a shit if I stepped into a quite big rock that almost made me stumble. I know I'm going through the right path, I've been here for maybe a hundred times. I know it's not too far from where we parked the motorcycle, and true enough. I can see it from where I am right now.

We'll call the police as soon as we got there, and whoever this psycho in mask is.. I'm gonna make him pay. He'll be in jail.

But something's wrong..

I can only hear one pair of foot setting into the ground, and that was mine obviously.

I took several steps before I stop my tracks, my mouth became dry as I continued breathing heavily. The wind was furiously blowing the trees as they swing from side to side.

My heart was drumming rapidly inside my chest as I slowly turn. I gasped. Harry was nowhere in sight. I felt my heart sank as my eyes scanned the place. The path was clear, Harry's not here with me. Where is he?

"Harry?" I muttered, tears brimmed in my eyes.

I turned, blinking rapidly.. trying to clear my eyes, hoping to see him. "Harry where are you?" Should I go back and find him? What if he's been caught?

My motorcycle was about thirty meters away. But no.. I'll go back there and find him. I won't go anywhere without him. "Harry!!"

I turned and glanced back in the open, only to find that the masked man was right there, standing beside my motorcycle.

"No.. " I muttered, shaking my head as I turned around and run towards the lake again. This was all a mistake.. Going back here and dragging Harry along with me was a huge mistake! Now he's gone and I'm here being chased by a psycho.

I wiped my tears as I ran along the path, strong wind hitting my face. Harry where are you?

Once I took a left turn by a tree, my arm was being snatched by somebody and covered my mouth with a large hand.

I made a muffled sound as I tried to scream, eyes wide in shock.

"Shhh. Its me." a familiar voice whispered.

It's Harry.

"Harry!" I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'm glad you're alive. I thought he got you and.. and.."

"Shhh. You don't have to worry Love." he says pushing some of my messy hair behind my ears. "He went back into the woods right after we ran away from that ruined house." he points at the clusters of bushes where the man came from.

"But I just saw him back there in the open."

He nods. "That's what I'm going to tell you." he says, keeping his voice on the low. His finger points at the other side of the path. My brows furrowed as I looked over the place, searching for what he was pointing at. My eyes widened as something moved, the man with a mask. Seems to be looking for us, we're lucky enough to be hidden behind this quite leafy bush.

"It's him." I whispered.

"No."

"What do you mean?" I asked confusedly.

"That's not him. And its not him in the open either.." my eyes met his gaze. "when we ran away from that man by the ruins, I saw him went back to the bushes, so I went back, thinking maybe I could outwit him and beat his ass. But then I saw another one right there talking to someone with a mask too. There's more than one man in mask. About four to five I guess."

I gasped, unable to contain it.

"I'm sorry if I left you. I thought he's alone. I'm really sorry Love." he says, trying to fix my tangled messy hair.

"You're here now. And you're safe, that's all that matters." I say. "So what are we gonna do now?"

"We have to go there into the open, but we have to be careful." he says, his eyes still scanning the place. "Good thing we're wearing black." he's quite calm as he whispered.

Another set of birds flew from a few meters. Someone must've startled them. "We better get going." he held my hand as we slowly walked. "someone's moving closer to us."

We tried our best not to make a sound as we transferred from one tree to another, stopping every once in a while to take a look around and be cautious.

We reached the spot where we can see the open, the motorcycle still stood there at the side of the road. No one's there waiting for us.

"We have to go there really quick so we can get the hell out of here." he tightens his grip on mine. "This time we're going to run. Don't let go of my hand okay?"

I nod. "I'm scared."

Sounds of twigs snapping was heard.

"Let's go." We ran through the dense woods, avoiding some branches and stamp of roots. The sound of our heavy breaths are clearly heard.

Five..

Three steps remaining.. We're going to get out of here..

But a sound of a gunfire was heard, making us stop our tracks..

"You think you could get away easily?" someone said from behind. Followed by the sound of his footsteps as he laughs like a devil.