Chapter 24 : Truth

**Harry's POV**

Love continues to take steps backwards; her eyes roam around the tables and to the cupboards behind her. I know she's scared but who gave her the idea that I'm going to kill her? Fuck, now Callie's really getting on my nerves. I wonder what other stupid studies she feed on her mind, no wonder why she hates me so much last night.

"You better tell me everything or..." she grabbed a fork from the table and points it towards me. "or I'll kill you."

I raised my brows at her, trying not to laugh at her threat. "Okay, now who's the killer? Can we at least take a seat?" she doesn't move, she just stared at me with a hint of guilt in her eyes. "I already told you Love, I'm not going to hurt you. Can you please calm down?"

She placed the fork on the table and sat on the chair in front of her before she rubs her face with her palm rather harshly. "I'm sorry. I'm... I'm just scared."

I walked to her side and sit on a chair beside her, I can't blame her- she went through a lot. "I understand Love."

She clasped her hands in front of her and rests them on the table as she sighed. "So, what's the truth?"

I placed my hand on top of hers as I took a deep breath, I know the truth wasn't supposed to come from me but if I'm not going to tell her, who will? She never told me everything about her life and her family, all I know is that her father is an engineer and her mother works as a doctor; other than that, I know nothing else.

"Love, I remember everything and I did not have amnesia." She slowly nods; I know it was the truth that she always wanted to know since I came back. "I was never found by a hunter. The officer in charge of our case found me in the woods that exact day I escaped, the same day you were found also in the woods." Her face was suddenly filled with concern as she listened to me. "They were actually going to let me go when they found out that Liam already told the police about us being kidnapped for ransom and that that they had no plans on giving them what they need. They were greedy and they know that if they killed me, they won't get any money after everything they've done and what happened so they planned on letting me go and making me get the money myself. But before they even let me go, they heard a gunshot and figured out that the police are coming and while they were all arguing about what to do, I ran away."

"And they shot you?"

I nod. "A little bit to the left and I'd be dead. I'm a bit lucky."

"But Callie, why did she told me you were one of them?" she asked in confusion.

I sighed. "Obviously just to mess up with your mind. Honestly Love, I can't believe you listened to her; she's desperate."

"Desperate for what?"

I held her hands tighter, leaning forward to look in her eyes. "She wants you dead Love. Kidnapping us wasn't their main goal, it was you Love. They're going to kill you and kidnapping us for ransom was just a bonus."

Her eyes widened, stunned by the information I had given her. Tears began to brim in her eyes as she shook her head. "But why?"

"Love, Callie came into the cabin that night after you ran away. She was fuming that night; she was screaming and throwing everything around the cabin. And when she realized that it was really hard for someone wounded to survive in the woods, she laughed like a psycho. She knew there were wild animals there, God knows I tried to escape Love, I tried to look after you." I say, tears are about to well in my eyes as well as I remembered that night.

I almost died that night; I can't even move a single muscle after what they did to me. I felt every punch, every kick and every strike of that baseball bat covered with my blood in my body. I'm surprised to be alive after that night, Callie just watched as I bellowed and cried in pain, she's evil.

My thoughts were interrupted as I felt Love caressing my cheek; her thumb wiped the tears that I didn't felt was there. "I know Harry, your scars proved how you've fought." Her thumb traced the scar on my cheekbone; it was just one of the many. There were two or three more at the back of my head, and another visible scar is on my neck where they shot me. I can't imagine what would happen to Love if Callie came that night and Love still hasn't escaped, she could have killed her that night and I don't want her to ever come near Love again.

"Love, listen to me. Don't ever talk to Callie again, do you understand?" she nods. "She wants revenge. Callie told me she was your dad's mistress a long time ago, she said your dad destroyed her life and she's going to take revenge on him by killing you, and your mom."

She gasped, her trembling hand made their way to cover her mouth. "Oh my god my mom, she's in danger!" she panicked; her body trembled all of a sudden as more tears welled in her eyes.

"You don't have to worry about her Love; the police are taking care of her right now. She'll have guards looking after her all over the hospital and at your home." I reached up to her shoulders and held her still. "And you are safe as long as I can't remember anything."

"W-what do you mean?"

"Officer Harris, the one who found me in the woods told everyone that I can't remember anything to keep me safe. And you wouldn't know anything too if I'm not going to tell you. The other kidnappers that are caught haven't spoken any word yet, and believe me they will not. They will not tell anything about Callie's plans and there were no evidence to prove that Callie is one of them as well. And me telling them about her confessions are not enough to send her in jail, so to keep me safe I have to keep pretending that I have amnesia."

"You safe? What about me?"

"I'll keep you safe." I pushed some loose strands of her hair to the back of her ear. "Now you have to be ready Love, Callie and her boyfriend will come and get you anytime. But you don't have to be afraid, once they took you; it will be their one way ticket to jail."

"You mean I will wait until they try to take me away again?"

"Sad to say, but yes." Her face fell, worried and poignant about the situation. I wish I have something else to do, to at least lessen her worries. "Come here." I reached for her hand and pulled her into my lap. "I bet you'll need some ice cream." she giggled as she wiped her tear-stained cheeks and leaned on my shoulder. I know I should be ready as well, it's not her fight alone... It's ours.

.

The day went well, I got chased by Love and she got me beaten me up several times; I end up tickling her several times as well. But our happiness comes and goes fast as well after we heard something behind her door before dinner. We both had a feeling that it has something to do with Callie spying on me. And now as I watched her in her sleep, I kept my senses up as the night goes by and I know... I know they now know.