Chapter 29 : Encounter

**Love's POV**

Sitting here for hours, my skin gets colder and colder and my body starts to shiver in this dark place I assume is a basement. Callie closed the lights when she got out, what a kind-hearted woman she is. My head is still throbbing in pain, my mouth is dry and my throat burns each time I try to swallow.

I want to look for something to jab into the hole of my cuffs but it's just too dark in here. The only small light that is visible is the moonlight that goes through between the small spaces of every wood that made up the door, shining a little bit light to the stairs below it.

I wonder how long will Callie let me stay here, no how long will Callie let me live would be a better question. The thought was sickening; everything will be gone any minute now. I won't be seeing everything and everyone-because soon I'll be gone, dead. Tears well in my eyes as I picture Harry, my Mom and Dad, the boys and my other relatives wearing black, or white, standing in the rain as they weep at my funeral. And Callie will be smiling, probably laughing at her victorious revenge and soon will be planning to continue on her list of killings. My eyes widened at the realization, my mom... Harry said she will hurt my mom after me. And with the thought, more tears stream down my eyes, my dying won't end everything. It won't ease the pain that Callie felt; she will just start another way to hurt my dad.

I can't let her hurt them; I can't let her hurt my family.

I held on to the rope that ties my waist into the chair and pulled it to the other side, trying to turn it around until the knot reaches the front. I reached for the knot as soon as it reached my stomach, struggling as the cuff moves around my wrist. I grimaced at the stinging pain as I sucked in sharp breath, blood starts to spill again from the same cut that I got earlier as the cuff sliced the same part of my wrist. I closed my eyes and tilt my head back as I continue to untie the knot.

I stopped for a while when I heard some footsteps along with a loud panting sound. Who could it probably be?

The footsteps continued, walking slowly as the dry leaves crunch under the weight of its step and soon the sound was gone. I continued to untie the knot that seems to be never ending knot after knot after knot. My fingernails begin to break as I dig my fingers under each thick and rough rope, small groans escapes from my mouth in frustration.

My head snapped up once again as the footsteps came back; each step was faster this time as if the holder of those feet were running, fading and coming back louder than the last time. I heard small rustling sound followed by a thud and a loud sigh, that definitely not Callie... or Rick.

"Ugh, shit." I heard a voice. Only a short faint sound of the voice made my heart nearly exploding with its fast and intense beats.

"Now where the fuck are those shitty cops." My eyes widened as he said another couple of words, confirming my presumption of who's the owner of those footsteps.

"Harry." I muttered, untying the knots faster as my fingers could get.

I stopped abruptly when the footsteps goes further, eyes widening as my tiny hope of help slowly fades. "No. don't go." I say, desperately pulling the ropes off my body without finishing untying the knot. "No, no." warm tears stream down my eyes along with the loud beating of my heart, too loud I can almost hear it. "HARRY!" I screamed on top of my lungs, not giving a shit if my throat hurts.

His footsteps were gone as the tears stream endlessly down my cheeks. "Harry I'm here! I'm down here!" I cried out, hoping he could hear me. Seconds passed and there are no more signs of Harry around somewhere. I continued to untie the knots around my waist, one last knot and I'm done.