Chapter 1

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Ah yes, another early morning. Every Monday to Friday I wake up at the tender time of 7:30am. After four years of being a trainee, it's become... tedious.

I sigh and sit up on my bed in my dorm. It's small and quaint, but I love it. It's smaller than a studio apartment with floor to ceiling windows covering one wall and contemporary furniture lining the place.

I stretch and start my busy day. Like the title "trainee" suggests, I do a hell of a lot of training. Most of my mornings are spent practicing and perfecting my dance. This morning is no different.

*Skip to BigHit Ent.*

I step through the doors sipping at my icy water when a body slams into mine from the side.

I lick my lips in annoyance and look up to see the culprit. Oof. It's Kim Taehyung. Shoulda known. I tilt my head to the side slightly.

"Really, Taehyung?" I ask, gesturing to my drink.

He only smiles cheekily in response and runs off.

Not gonna lie, I giggle a little bit. How do they deal with him?

I make my way through the building and into the dance room. For the most part lately, I've been working on multiple BTS choreographs. Once I've mastered them, hopefully I'll have proven myself worthy to start choreographing my own dances. 

"Alright, I'm ready to blow your socks off-" I start but quickly realise there's about a dozen people in the room aside from my dance intrsuctor.

He sees my confusion and quickly clears the air. "They're here to offer constructive criticism."

"OK then, let's get started," I nod.

I wait for the music to cue. Of course, when the pressure is on, there are some technical difficulties.

Once it eventually starts, I get right down to it. 

While I dance, I feel free. Each time my hair swings, I feel a rush. Each time my heart beats, I feel the rhythm of the music sync with my heart.

Once I finish, I see a wave of mixed stares. Some have jaws that hang on the floor, others shake their heads. Then one person in the back starts to clap. 

And then he steps forward.

It's Jeon Jungkook. 

Oh, geez.

***Author's note.

This is unedited at this point. This part is also more of a prologue/introductory chapter.

I want to add that Y/N doesn't have a specific look, I want that to be up to the reader's imagination to give them some freedom and input. There will also be some parts where the reader gets to 'choose' some things. It will have no impact on the story. This is a Jung Kook fanfic. I'm always looking for feed back, so please reach out to me.

This portion was last updated March 23rd, 2021 (February 14, 2023)