Chapter 8

* 1 week later *

Turns out my debut was quite successful. I've been topping local and global charts. I've lost count of how many interviews and performances I've done as of this point.

My manager reluctantly gave me the next two days off, saying I've "earned it".

So today, I'm just gonna chill out. Watch some programs, listen to some music.

I get about halfway through my day when I get a call from an unknown caller. I cautiously answer.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hi, is this Y/N?" the person on the other end asks.

"Uh.... who is this?"

"Jackson Wang."

I almost dropped my phone. Sure I've become really close to BTS, but I still get starstruck by them all the time. Jackson Wang, though.... he's a whole other story.

"Y-yeah, this is Y/N," I barely get out the words.

"Are you free tonight?" Jackson asks excitedly.

I'm always free for Jackson.

"Maybe..."

"Well, I sure hope you are 'cause I'm throwing a party and I hope you'll make an appearance."

"Yeah, I can show up."

He gives me the time and address and then we hang up. I end up just standing, frozen. I just spoke to the one and only Jackson Wang. He invited me to one of his notorious parties. I'm surprised Dispatch hasn't found out about them yet.

Jackson's parties are always stock full of other notable celebrities. Shit. I'm not ready for that. I've looked up and admired so many talented people for so long and now some of them may be there.

***

A couple hours later and I've changed into my party gown. I've also done my makeup because I don't wanna scare anyone there with my bare face.

I'm wearing a gown in my favourite colour. It's long and halted at the neck. It has a thigh high slit and is embedded with sparkles all throughout. I pair is with a gold clutch and heels.

Once I've studied myself in the mirror, I steady my breathing.

I'm fine, I'll be just fine, I keep telling myself.

Then I step out the door and head to the party of my lifetime.

***

My cab pulls up in front of the venue. It's a huge, glorious mansion. I don't know if it's Jackson's, but it very well could be. I slip inside the place and quickly grab a glass of champagne. What my manager doesn't know won't hurt her. I take a sip of the drink and let it slide down my throat.

I look around. There's a lot, and I mean a lot of people here. 

Jackson somehow sees me off away from the crowds of people and makes his way towards me. Good lord, he's more impressing in person.

He comes up to me and puts my hand to his lips. "So glad you could make it," he says, the smell of alcohol spilling off his breath.

"Thank you for inviting me," I politely respond with a smile plastered on my lips.

We have a quick moment of small talk. He congratulated me on my 'epic' debut and I continuously compliment him on all his amazing work. He then points as some rooms and people of importance.

"Thank you very much," I say gratefully.

"No problem, Y/N!" 

He then excuses himself and meets with other guests.

I quickly find myself wandering around the expanse of the mansion. I sit down for a moment in a fairly empty area. Everyone here is laughing, dancing, and of course drinking.

I chug back the rest of my own drink and decide to take a stroll out in the grand garden.

I walk through rows of vines and flowers of every colour that both hang and climb walls. I crouch to eat flower pot with colourful buds to smell them. 

"Look who it is..." someone says behind me as they run their hand up my back while I try to smell roses.

"Whoa there-" I say as I stand up and turn around. 

Until I see who it is.