Chapter 10

Next thing I'm aware of... I'm in the hospital.

I've got IV hooked up to me in my arm, and I feel a thin hospital gown covering me.

I sit up sharply. Bad idea.

"Owww," I moan.

"What's wrong?" Jung Kook asks worriedly, suddenly beside me.

I look at him. Surprised to see him here. How long have I been here? He looks exhausted.

"I-I'm fine." I look around the room. "I have two questions. How long have I been here and are you ok?"

 He shakes his head and sits on the end of my bed.

"I'm fine, Y/N," he gives a weak smile. "You've been out for eight hours. You had a concussion."

"How long have you been here?"

"Well, I followed in the ambulance, so the whole time."

"Why?" I demand a little too harshly. "Shouldn't you get some rest?"

He shakes his head again.

"I needed to make sure you were ok."

I nod and smile at him. 

"Thanks Kook. That means a lot. Didn't think anyone would ever break into my home."

I shrug but stiffen again. 

"Wait- how long were you waiting for me at my door?"

He swallows and answers swiftly.

"Not that long. J-just a little while."

"Well I don't think they left with anything so it must have meant they were looking for something. Shit, I wonder what they wanted?"

He shrugs.

"I'll be right back. I just gotta make some phone calls."

He taps my outstretched legs and steps outside my private room. Then I'm left alone.

Other than the ache in the back of my head, I feel fine.

When can I leave?

I look to my left and see a window. I can't tell what time it is because it's overcast and raining, but if I had to guess I'd say noon.

I stare out the window thinking back to last night's events.

Jung Kook ran after them... but he must have come up empty handed because he didn't mention them.

I stare at the rain droplets hitting the window for who knows how long before I hear a pointed cough.

I'm brought back to reality and see Jung Kook has returned.

I give him a once over. I see he's still wearing his clothes from last night which doesn't surprise me. Although he looks like he should be at some gala rather than a hospital.

Though his hair and tie are a bit disheveled, the rest of his black suit looks great.

He has one hand in this pocket and the other curled into a fist at his side. His knuckles are bloody.

"I let the doctor know that you're awake. She'll let you know what's going on better than I can," Jung Kook states before I can ask him about his hands.

"Thank you Kook," I say gratefully, "Really, thank you."

I outstretch my arms as best I can, inviting him to hold my hands.

He understands the invitation and gently holds my hands in his.

I squeeze his hands and unintentionally rub my thumb over his knuckles.