Chapter 14

Months eventually passed, and the 2 of us were still living together. Yuka had been sneaking out late at night at least 2 times a week which worried me, but whenever I asked him he just responded with an "I had to go finish something at the office."

And today was one of those nights...

"Yuka! Can you pass me my clothes please?" I yelled out from the bathroom. I didn't get a response from him for about 30 seconds, so I just went out and got my clothes out myself.

I changed and started walking out to the living, trying to find him. His laptop was wide open on the couch, but it looked like it timed out. The whole kitchen was empty too.

I called out his name a few more times and then went to my messages.

Yuka <3

Me: Hey, where are you? Did Mayu and Yuri sneak out of their dorms again?"

Yuka <3: No

Me: Okay, where are you?

Yuka <3: Coming

Me: I'll go to you. Okay?

Yuka has read the chat

Nothing was more frustrating than how this man texted. It was either a one-word response or a long ass essay explaining everything.

I checked his location and saw he was about 7 minutes walking. I got my coat, shoes and started making my way out of the door on this late foggy night.

Cars were honking at each other due to all of the traffic, people were yelling from the inside the bars just having a good time... And what was I doing? Becoming a temporary spy for this man who keeps sneaking out late at night.

"The Sky-top Bar..." I muttered to myself. I opened the bar and started looking around immediately. Everyone was giving me weird looks but resumed to whatever they were doing.

"Aw, what's a little lady like you doing here?~" A random old man came up to me. His breath smelled like pure booze and he had lipstick marks all around his neck.

"I'm just looking for someone. Have you seen anyone who's about 6 feet and has a scar under his eye?" I asked and kept on looking around.

"I've seen him! He went up to the rooftop with someone! He's such a cutie! I keep on trying to get a drink with him, but he always refuses." The girl pouted and crossed her arms.

"Can you show me up to the rooftop? Also, who was he with?" I kept on asking questions to the girl while she lead me up these stairs.

"Every time he comes it's with someone different. This time it was with an old man holding a briefcase! Oh, I do hope he doesn't lean that side, I just want one drink!" The girl squealed and hugged herself.

"You remind me of someone..." I said. She turned around and started giggling. "Aw, you're flattering me! Who is it? Your sister? Friend? Perhaps girlfriend?~" She kept on giggling.

"No. A giggly bitch who tried going after my boyfriend. Luckily though she died. If she didn't die I would've done it myself."

The girl stops and turns to me with wide eyes. "Y-You're so funny! Here's the door to the rooftop, I'll uh... see you later?" The girl gave me a little wave and started sprinting down the stairs.