Chapter 18

About 3 weeks had passed since Yuka had accidentally... well you know. With that being said it has been a month ever since I started taking birth control. The doctor said that my period might go away, coming back for a day every month or so, but that's about it.

I didn't get it on my usual days, so just to be sure I went to the supermarket and got 2 pregnancy tests. Highly doubt that I would be pregnant since I didn't have any symptoms.

That and Yuka and I were heavy drinking a week ago, so it was probably dead.

"Why does it take so long for the results..." I sighed, watching as the test loaded. I waited for a few more seconds until both of the tests turned out to be negative.

"Y/N! Can I talk to you about something!?" Yuka yelled out from the living room. I washed my hands, disposing of the tests, and started making my way out to the living room.

Yuka was leaning up against the counter holding onto something. "Yeah? Did Mayu and Yuri get into an argument on who loved each other more again?"

"Well, yes, but that's not the point. Did it say yes?! I never told you this, but I actually want to become a father soon. I mean like I know kids cry and yell, but if it's with you then I'll actually like it!" Yuka started smiling and he held onto both of my hands.

"What are you talking about? I'm on the pill." I responded, slightly confused. Yuka showed me the empty test box and I realized he interrupted it wrong.

"Oh, that. No, I was just making sure since the doctor said they might be some things that are different." I chuckled and started walking to the kitchen to pour myself some water.

Yuka had a blank face for a bit but forced a smile. "Wait so... You're not pregnant?"

I drank some of the water and shook my head. "Well no, both of the tests said it was negative and I haven't been feeling any symptoms. By now I would've at least gotten light-headed out of nowhere or something."

Yuka raises his eyebrows and laughs a bit. Not because something was funny, but almost as if he was disappointed. He sat down on one of the chairs and just went back on his laptop.

"Are you... okay? Did I say something? I'm sorry if I-"

"No, it's not that I just, uh... Was kind of wishing that we were expecting you know?..." Yuka put his hand on his neck and started rubbing it. We both stayed quiet for a bit, until he looked up from the laptop.

"N-Not that I'm not happy that we are! I mean, yeah it would be nice to have kids someday with you, but if you don't want to then that's completely fine!"

I walked over to Yuka and wrapped my arms around him. "Having kids one day would be nice. Maybe later though because dealing with Mayu and Yuri's relationship is hard enough. They're always in a fucking argument about something and then they just sleep together."

Yuka chuckled a bit and then hugged me back. We stayed like that for a bit until he spoke up. "Since we're on the topic of kids, can we... go look at clothes for them?"

My breath hitch and I hesitated a bit before responding. "But we're not even exp-... Go get your shoes on." I sighed, pulling away from the hug to go out on some sneakers.

Once we were both ready we started making our way to the car to drive to the mall. Why did Yuka all of a sudden want to shop for clothes as if we were expecting? I don't fucking know, but he was really happy about it.

Once we parked and found a spot, Yuka grabbed onto my hand and started walking into  BabiesRus. The smell of baby powder and other baby shit started to give me a headache.

"Yuka, didn't we come to the mall just to look at clothes?" I asked him while admiring all of the baby necessities that were displayed in front of me.

"Well, technically yes but I thought it would be nice to also look at the other things!" Yuka smiled at me and I couldn't help, but smile back.

We started walking around the store for a while until we got to the crib section. Yuka took his sweet time looking at everything, almost as if we needed one.

"Hello! How can I help you expecting parents out today? I see you're looking at cribs, is there one, in particular, you guys are looking for?" One of the workers comes up to us with a smile.

"Oh, sorry we're not expecting we're just bro-"

"Do you guys have one that's big enough for the child to turn in their sleep? I don't want my child to feel claustrophobic while they're sleeping." Yuka walks up to the salesperson with his arms crossed.

She gave us a big smile and started showing him the different cribs. I sighed and started following them.

For at least 10 minutes they were looking at bigs cribs that our 'child' could sleep in comfortably. "Ooh, what about playpens! Have you guys thought of a playpen yet?" The salesperson gives us another big smile pointing over to the playpens.

"We actually haven't... Y/N, have we thought about that?" Yuka asks, pushing a cart that had a crib in it. I gave a death stare to the salesperson and then turned to him.

"We're not even expecting, Yuka." I told him, but he just laughed a bit. "I know, this is just for the future! It's not like I'm actually going to buy this!"

I pointed over to the crib that he had in the cart and then pointed to the accessories that the salesperson sold to him. "Then why do you have all of this shit in the cart? Why do we even have a cart!?"

He looks down at the stuff and then puts his hand on his chin. "I don't know... Don't worry, once we finish looking I'll just put it all back, okay?" Yuka kissed my forehead and then started making his way over to the playpens.

We stayed in the store for at least an hour more, Yuka ended up spending $600 on pure shit that we didn't even need...

We walked over to the car and he started putting all of the stuff in the trunk. I leaned up against the car just watching him. "Yuka..."

"Hm?" He responded, finally putting all of the stuff in the trunk.

"Why the fuck did we buy a crib, accessories, a playpen, and still some toys for a child who hasn't even been conceived yet..."

Yuka stared at me for a while and then shrugged. "On the bright side, now we don't have to buy it!"

I put a hand on my forehead and got into the passenger seat. "Let's go look at houses... We can't fit all of that in the apartment..."