Chapter 23

"Argh! I'll fucking kill you, you bi-"

The Masked man fell onto the floor as soon the bullet pierced into his skull. He dropped to the ground and I stepped over his body to keep on walking.

"Wow, Y/N! This is the 7th Mask you killed so far and it's only been 2 hours since we left the building!" Yuri exclaimed, putting down her gun. I reloaded the rifle that Mayu had originally brought for Yuka, but I took it since Yuri has 2 guns while Mayu has a knife.

"Who knew that they were still Masks lingering around after all of this time? They're some people, but it seems like every building we go to there's a fucking Mask." I sighed, swinging the rifle over my shoulder and stepping onto the bridge.

"Maybe Kuon brought humans here and put a Mask on them like how she did with Sniper! " Mayu proposed.

I stopped on the bridge and furrowed my eyebrows due to the slight desolation I was feeling. Sure, Yuka and I had been separated every once in a while, but it would just be for work or if we were hanging out with a friend or 2. But, never for more than a day. On top of that, that psychotic bitch put a Mask on him.

"Y/N? You okay? You've been staring at the dead bodies below us for a few seconds. Do you need to take a break? It is pretty hot and we're carrying out bookbags!" Yuri came behind me, setting a hand on my shoulder.

I turned my head around and shook it. "I'm good. Let's just try to find Yuka and then find a way to kill that bitch and make sure she's fucking dead."

We kept on crossing bridges, killing a Mask every few minutes. Every time a Mask would appear I hesitated every time, just to make sure that it wouldn't be Yuka...

"Damn, those set of twin Masks were kind of hard to deal with." Mayu groaned as she wiped the blood off of her blade. I helped Yuri up and wiped the blood off of her forehead.

I just went to go pee and the next thing I knew, bullets were ringing in my ears. I came out and saw Yuri and Mayu killing a set of twin Masks.

"Sorry, I drank too much water this morning..." I giggled slightly, after helping Yuri up. She smiled and started walking to where the corner would turn. "Don't sweat it! Mayu and I got this!"

She bumped into someone and she looked up. A Masked man wearing a fedora and a suit stood in front of her. He stepped back a bit and cocked his gun. Mayu ran up to Yuri pushing her down on the floor before the bullet could hit her.

I stood there, a bit hypnotized. He didn't talk, so I wasn't sure if that was Yuka, but it looked just like him. I couldn't see the right side of his Mask though, so I couldn't tell if it was him or not.

"Y/N! Hurry! Shoot him!" Mayu yelled out. I looked over at them and cocked the rifle, aiming it at him. "Wait, Y/N?-"

I didn't hear what he said, so I fired the bullet. He held onto his fedora and moved to the side dodging the bullet. He turned his whole body to me, revealing the cracked piece on his Mask.

"Y-Yuka?!" I yelled out, lowering the gun. He tilted his head a bit and stepped back.

"I don't know who Yuka is, but please don't get closer. I've seen you before and I don't want to kill 3 girls... Just please walk away before the command goes off..." Sniper looked away, trying to keep the command from going off, but none of us listened to him.

After a while, he turned back to us and tilted his head a bit. "Why isn't the command going off? It should've gone off by now, like how it did to the other people..."

I let out a sigh of relief and went up to him, hugging him tightly. "It's not going to go off. We're all god candidates... How do you know Y/N though? When I saw you yesterday and had that little interference you said that you didn't remember anything?" Mayu asked, keeping Yuri behind her, and her hand on her knife.

Sniper put his hand into the pocket of his suit jacket and took out 3 photos. I stepped back and he handed them to me.

"I had a bookbag that carried some stuff. Along with it, I found those 3 pictures. One of them had a note on it with someone who was named Y/N, so I'm guessing that's you..."

Yuri and Mayu leaned over my shoulder, looking at all of the pictures. "Woah! Is that one of Y/N in bed?! You were posing and everything for him!" Mayu snickered, taking away the photo to examine it closer.

"You didn't do anything perverted with this photo, did you?! Although you guys are technically engaged since you have that Mask on it's like the first time you've seen her, so it would be a bit weird..." Mayu gave a look to Sniper.

He put up his hands and started shaking his head. "N-No, I didn't! It would be wrong to- Wait engaged?!" Sniper slowly put his hands down and averted his gaze to me.

He went up to me taking the picture of me showing off the ring and then held my hand. It was very clear that it was the same ring and the girl in all of the photos was me.

"You're Y/N! Wait- So I'm your fiancé right? Do we have kids? How long have we been together for?" He started asking all of these questions and I just smiled.

"Hey lovebirds. Come into this room and we'll talk about this shit." Mayu waved her hand, pointing to a room.