Chapter 5: "Stupid essays or some shit."

(pic to the side) ugh louis looks so hot im done

-

It was in fact, the last period of the day. I peered at everyone happily rushing out the classroom with their backpacks and determined faces to make it home.

I would not be one of them for the next week. And on top of that, Louis would be the one to accompany me on all five of those school days.

Luckily, Louis hadn't spoken to me the entire day- although we sat next to each other in eighth period. Actually, he even scooted his chair a few inches further from me to show me that he wouldn't speak. I didn't mind, though. There wasn't anything that made me want to even look at him- after he basically rushed out the classroom door- because of what he had told me, whether he meant it or not. And the odds were, since he was Louis Tomlinson, he damn well meant it.

"Mr. Norman, sir," I catch him while he is stacking papers on his desk. When he looks up at me, he lets out a sigh.

"Ah, Ms. Stones. Have you come to try and shorten your punishment? I'm afraid you'd have to take it to the principal's office."

"No," I shake my head, annoyed. "I was going to ask about the project."

"Right, I recently came to a realization that I picked you and Louis as partners, correct?" He doesn't give me a chance to rant about how I dislike him as a partner, before he continues. "Well, starting tomorrow you two have a specialized project. There will be no more children involved because i'm sure Mr. Tomlinson would have found a way to vandalize, or break the doll- which is strictly school property- anyhow."

"So, what do you mean by a specialized project?" I'm honestly beyond terrified of his answer.

"You and him will learn to get along. Treat each other like real partners, spend time with each other. Now I am not saying you have to date each other, but lets just say you two must work efficiently as a team. At the end of the semester, while everyone else will be turning in their baby projects, you two will turn in a page-length handwritten essay about what you learned about one another."

"But that's absurd!" I nearly freak out, "I hate that immature idiot! You can't do this!"

Mr. Norman cracks an almost sinister smile, "Watch me."

"B-but..." I am a stuttering mess.

"You never know what might come of it, Ms. Stones, it might even spark a friendship." He tells me before picking up the stack of papers in his arms and swinging a bag around his shoulder. "Now if you excuse me, I have a job to complete."

I watch Mr. Norman in shock as he strides his way out of the door, leaving me in the classroom alone.

-

When I arrive near the gyms, I immediately see movement from the corner of my eye and turn my head out of instinct.

Louis is stood there in the middle of the soccer feild, kicking the ball around violently. After giving the red, black and white ball one hard sideways blow, he chases after it swiftly. I watch his hair bounce on his forehead while he catches up with the ball and kicks it with much more force, this time in the direction of the goal. The ball flies into the net, and rolls across the field before he chases it yet, again. His face is tense, lips pressed together in a thin line, and beads of sweat form against his forehead.

I'm lucky he doesn't see me, because I must seem strange for watching him play, mainly because I haven't actually seen him play like that before. Of course I would pass by the field everyone once and a blue moon, while him and his team are running around and doing whatever it is soccer boys do. But never have I ever witnessed him being so dedicated and serious with anything.