Chapter 14: "It's simply complicated to stay away."

HES SO HAWT I LITERALLY WANT HIM SO BAD

here's your chapter (;

-

The next morning came faster than planned, with my timer alarming me to get out of bed. I was already upset that I couldn't go back to sleep because I woke up thirty minutes before the alarm, but I forced myself to spring out of bed anyway.

"Damn it," I cursed, feeling the familiarness of my monthly cycle creeping up on me.

After dashing to the bathroom, I searched for the box of tampons that should have been underneath the sink. Since I couldn't find it anywhere, though, I groaned and grabbed a few pads from the drawer.

-

"What is the square root of ten?" Mr. Peterson, who was my third period maths teacher, asked the classroom.

Nobody, like always, raised their hand. This class was full of dumb seniors who would barely graduate this year, as I - and some other girl named Olivia - were the only juniors in the class.

I knew the answer, and I was sure Olivia did too, but neither of us ever took the chances of raising our hands.

"Come on, guys, the square root of ten. You should have learned this your Freshman year," Mr. Peterson rubbed his grey stubble. He hadn't been old, but you could certainly tell that he was stressed out.

Suddenly, a pale hand shot up into the air.

"One hundred! Right? It's a hundred?" Michael asked, unsure. He always answered questions, and often got them wrong before he acted super disappointed. I couldn't tell if he were pretending to be wrong or not, but I hoped he was.

"No, Clifford," the teacher sighed from annoyance. "Anyone else?"

Wanting to relieve Mr. Peterson, and also wanting this period to hurry and fly by, I slowly raised my hand to barely reach above my right ear. Instantly, the teacher's eyes darted toward me and he slightly smiled, finally pleased that someone wanted to share the answer.

"Yes, Ms. Stones?"

"The square root of ten is simply just radical ten because it cannot simplify anymore."

He smiled, and nodded his head. "Yes, thank you. You're exactly right."

While Mr. Peterson strolled off to show us problematic math steps on the large projector screen, Michael sent me a look of astonishment. Even though I didn't exactly talk to him daily, I knew he wanted to tell or ask me something by the way his pale green eyes widened at me. But resuming to the lesson, I shrugged my shoulders and continued to listen to the assignment.

Eighth period, like always, came quick before I had successfully made four trips to the bathroom. I sat down in my seat - in front of a smirking Louis - and gave Liam a smile, who looked too caught up in his own thoughts to realize I was there.

"Hey, Liam," I tried again, catching his attention just barely.

"Oh," Liam wiped his face with his hands, and slightly smiled although I could tell it wasn't genuine. "H-hi, Glimmer."

The bell rang, signaling the beginning of class, but of course since an old substitute teacher was here instead of bitter Mr. Norman, everybody continued their conversations. I even noticed someone throw their project baby across the room. They would certainly fail if Mr. Norman found out, that was for sure.

I could hear Louis laughing with a person behind me, but I returned to the conversation with Liam.

Just by looking him, you could decipher whether or not something had been wrong - and something definitely was. There were dark and noticeable bags underneath his - now dull - circular brown eyes. His clothes didn't match in the slightest, which was something Liam was great at. And his attitude was distant. But the number one thing that stood out to me, was the fact that Kiana wasn't here today.