Chapter 35: "Is that what you want?"

sorry my luvs (-:

-

Louis looked up at me in awe, his body still laying in the grass as his head faced my direction, "You'd miss me?"

"Sure would," I smile, changing from my criss-cross-applesauce position to where I was laying down maybe half a foot away from him. "I mean, who would throw insults at me when you're gone?"

"I fucking wish I didn't do that. You're too good for a lad like me." His rested his small hands on his tummy.

"Would you quit saying that?" I snap, sighing a little. It was what he probably told himself, and I didn't want him to believe that. Sure Louis had problems, but if he would listen to advice from people who actually gave a damn about him he would have a better mindset. He deserved anything and anyone.

"Why should I? I'm a fucking screw up... I can't help it when I tell people off, shove people 'accidentally' in the hallways, or roll my eyes. That's just how I am. And if anybody doesn't like me, my attitude towards them is that I automatically don't give a shit."

"One day, Louis, you're going to get hurt and then you'll learn." I sighed, shaking my head. "That day will break my heart, but it has to happen."

Louis didn't speak for a while. He must've been thinking of a really good insult to tear me down with, and even that - it seemed - was just never enough. But that's just how I felt. Some reason, I could suddenly feel my eyes start to water. Maybe it was because I was just tired of being hurt by the things he says, or maybe it was something else. I didn't know. Blinking back the tears that were threatening to spill out, I sighed and figured the feeling must have been because of my time of the month. Great.

"Why would it break your heart?" Louis finally asked, turning his body towards mine. I could feel his eyes burning on the side of my face as I kept my gaze at the starry night sky. The scenery here was absolutely beautiful.

My eyes closed temporarily, "Because I like you, Louis."

He didn't answer. But I kept my eyes closed as I could hear his breathing slightly quicken, probably thinking hard to himself. I wondered if he would make fun of me for liking him, something like that. He had to, right?

Slowly, my eyes opened and my head tilted in his direction. He was just staring at me, lips slightly apart. Though I really wanted to know what the hell was going on in his brain, how he was processing this, I simply shrugged it off and returned my head in the direction it was before.

Louis inched his body closer to me, a hand reaching towards my hip before it forced my own body to turn and face his. "Are you telling me the truth?"

I rolled my eyes, "Why would I lie about liking you? I'm not that shallow."

His small tongue peeked out to wet his lips as he continued to stare at me. "Why do you like me?"

"I like your eyes, your small hands -"

He scoffed, "They're not that small."

"Just let me finish!" I cried. "Your lips are beautiful. But I think I like your pointless tattoos the most. They aren't something most males would have littered onto their body, and I think it really shows your personality."

"Which is?" Louis was eager, his eyebrows raised as his hand never moved from my hip.

"You're fun. You like to always have fun, to joke and mess around, it's like you're still sort of a child in a way. I really like that about you, Louis." I smiled partially, staring from his nose to his lips and back to his eyes.