Chapter 13: "Quite frankly, I don't trust myself."

louis :-( is :-( so :-( cute i wANNA KISS THAT BEAUTIFUL BOY >>>>

-

"Thank you so much," I thanked Charlotte as she handed me my - now dry - shirt.

Louis was upstairs, in the bathroom for who knew how long, so I decided that it was no use to continue and wait for him.

Charlotte offered a friendly smile while I took the shirt and slung it over my arm, ready to put on dry clothes and get home. When I took a few steps to move past her, she quietly cleared her throat, catching me by surprise.

"Excuse me, Miss," Charlotte smiled, giving off the familiar elderly and wise vibe. "Can I ask you something?"

For a second I stared at her dumbfoundely, before nodding like an idiot. "Please, call me Glimmer."

Charlotte folded her hands over another, and motioned for me to sit at the dining room table. When I made my way comfortably to the large maroon chair, she followed after me and sat right across. Her elder hands, once more, folded right over left as she stretched her forearms slightly out in front of her to rest on the glass table.

"Now," Charlotte began, "We...we don't have very much company often. The only few boys who did come over, I suppose, felt intimidated and left quickly. My question is, though, what are your intentions with Louis?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, and Charlotte shook her head.

"Oh dear, I don't mean to come across as rude for asking. I just feel like Louis is one of my own - i've basically raised him - and I very much care about him."

I softened my features - Charlotte really did care about Louis in that motherly way, I knew that already. Although Louis did boss her around daily, because to him she was just a maid, Charlotte treated him like her own child because she had raised him. What she clearly meant by that, was that either his parents were never around to do the job, or that they just didn't want to.

According to Louis' earlier words, they were busy enough.

But could you really be too busy just to give your own child a hug, a quick 'I love you', or a simple 'good morning'? Or how about the very first day of school? Did six year old Louis Tomlinson ever get a 'good luck!' or a 'have a good first day!' while he went off helplessly to school? That answer, I thought, was now obvious to me. It hadn't been his parents that spent time, made meals, or wished him goodnight in the evening. It was Charlotte.

The thing that Louis' parents had replaced love with, however, were objects. Rich things took love's place, and soon Louis became a spoiled little boy because he grew up with everything any other boy his age never had. But the thing that other kid's had, and he didn't, was genuine love from his biological parents. Although he didn't get that from them, I was sure that he somehow got just that from Charlotte, even if he never cared enough to notice it before.

"No, you're not coming off as rude at all, I understand." I rushed, shaking my head. "My intentions with Louis, I can assure you, are nothing negative. He's my partner for a school project, and we're supposed to write an essay about what we learned from each other."

Charlotte sighed in relief. "That's good," she smiled brightly, "Just so you know, I think he might fancy you."

I pressed a hand to my chest out of shock, and slightly gasped. Why would Louis 'fancy' me? Did Charlotte know who he was at school? Did she know of how many girls he slept with, how many blowjobs he's probably been given, or how about his friends who followed after everything he did, like it was some satanic ritual that could not be broken? Surely, she had no clue.