Chapter 11: "The beautiful and wonderful topic of sex."

louis is such a lil cutie look at his smile >>>>

-

"Charlotte, where is the pump? We need to put air in the hamster balls," Louis asked the maid, as she folded her hands over each other and stood in the kitchen doorway.

"I'm afraid I don't know, Louis. How about in the attic?" Charlotte suggested.

She was an elder woman. Her silver streaked hair was wrapped into a neat and tight bun at the back of her head. Like any maid, her attire consisted of the usual black and white uniform. Charlotte's face was tired, but she still managed to smile at the two of us as if nothing were wrong. I wondered if she had any children of her own.

"Could you get it for us? And when you're finished, brew us up a tea for when we get back as well?" Louis asked Charlotte, while not even looking at her. He was acting as if he were too occupied with arranging something on the counter instead of respecting her presensce.

"Now Louis, you know that isn't in my job," she told the spoiled boy as if she were his mother.

"But we have a guest. When was the last time there was an actual guest that didn't involve me wanting to commit an act of murder?" He complained to the old woman, and she shook her head at him.

"Don't speak about your mother's husband that way, dear. It's not good for the soul, and i've taught you better than that," she reached out to touch his hands. "I will make you and your company tea, but you can face your fear and get the pump yourself."

"Fear?" I finally spoke. "Louis, are you scared to go inside the attic?"

Charlotte smiled. "I think i'll be on my way to the kitchen."

Louis shot her a look from the back of her head as she hurried and left the living room to make our tea. I found it hilarious how someone like Louis - the boy with the strong, ass-like reputation - was afraid to go somewhere as simple as the storage room above us.

"So?" I laughed. "Are you sc-"

"No, Glimmer. I'm not scared," he snapped before crossing his arms and rolling his eyes. "Now lets get this shit over with."

-

When we went to the attic, Louis was beyond hesitant of actually climbing up the pull-down ladder. In fact, he actually tried making me climb it first.

That was, until I told him that he was in for a treat later, if he climbed it right away. It was a false promising, but it damn well made him find the air pump quickly.

After that, we spent a half hour trying to find where the tiny hole, where you insert the pump into, was. Turns out that there was no actual hole, and that it was a little plug that you'd have to undo to place the air inside. Finally entering oxygen, however, took about another half hour since Louis kept complaining about his arms being tired.

Now, we were walking out on the grassy field about to test the large spherical objects out ourselves. Weirdly, we were just rolling them until we made it there since it'd be impossible to hold such heavy items. It was no doubt that both Louis and I were, sadly, weaklings.

"These balls are quite massive, don't you think?" Louis casually asked, as we strolled along the hilly ground.

I peered through the clear, bubbly-looking item in front of me, which could probably fit at the most three people inside.

"Yeah, I can't believe we'll be rolling around inside them."

Louis grinned as he pushed along the large toy. "I wasn't speaking about the hamster balls."