Chapter 15: Grocery

The girls chatted as Alexia drove to the the grocery store. "I think Leo like likes you"  Alexia said as she parked.

    "Funny! We've just been friends for just three days or so, and we don't even know each other well so if he actually likes me then it's void girl and most importantly he's quite annoying".Anna said as they both came down from the car.

    "Hmm whatever, but I think you guys will make a great couple" Alexia said "Stop daydreaming" Anna said as she shook Alexia.

   The girls headed to the grocery store, on getting there Alexia immediately saw Leo inside his car and called out his name "Leo!!!"

    Leo knew who it was, it was Alexia, he waved but he felt he needed to ask Anna how she was after yesterday. He came down from his car and headed straight to where the girls stood.

   "Hey! How are you girls?" He asked, "We're alright" Alexia replied.

  "What about your ankle, Anna?" "Oh Yes! My ankle, it's okay as you can see I'm putting on a sneakers" Anna said bringing out former bruised foot to make if obvious.

   "Yh I can see that, you look pretty anyway" Leo said. "Thank you" Anna replied with red cheeks, this guy was a turn on.

   "By the way, I wanted to tell you that I'll be leaving for Seattle to see my mum she's been admitted there and then to Dubai for a business trip and I'll be back in three weeks time tho" Leo said.

     "Sorry about your mum, I hope she will be alright" Anna said she already felt the sadness in his voice, maybe he has a strong bond with  his mum, she thought.

  "Yh, thanks"

   "At least I won't see your pretty face for three weeks" Alexia said.

"There are many other faces to punch"

"We won't miss you" Anna said

"You don't have to tell me cos I know you will"

"Tch" Alexia sighed as she face palmed herself, she wasn't ready for their argument.

   "There's the social media so we can chat there, you've gat my number so you wouldn't miss me so much" Leo said as he phone rang.

   "Okay, I think I've to be on my way now, so bye girls" Leo said as he picked the call.

  The girls watched as he walked towards his car, he turned back and waved the girls bye and drove off.

  "Why the frown I thought you said "we've just been friends for three days" so why the frown" Alexia said raising two fingers to quote Anna's words.

  "So is it wrong to miss a friend?" Anna said as she pushed the glass door open  " I didn't say it's wrong, but you just told him you wouldn't miss him so.." Alexia said with a raised brow.

   "Let's forget about Leo and focus on why we came here, cos right now my tummy is grumbling so let's be quick" Anna said as she picked the shopping basket. Alexia just smiled at her cos obviously she didn't want to talk about Leo.

   The girls shopped as much as they could, and went straight home. While the girls were in the kitchen preparing lunch, Anna's phone beeped and it was a message from Leo.

  "Gosh what's it, this time around " she said as she cleaned her wet hands.

   "A video call by 9:00pm, please don't say No" she read out loud.
"Better don't say No, please" Alexia said as she gave her the ocean eyes.

   "Ok!" Let me give him a reply". Anna sent Leo a message, and Leo replied back with a dancing emoji. She just let out a soft giggle.

"Ok! Let's be quick with the cooking" Anna said."Yayy!" Alexia exclaimed. "Hey! You aren't the one  doing the video call so why you that exicted?" Anna asked.

   "I just feel exicted" she replied with a bright smile. "Tch! Such a drama queen" Anna sighed.