Chapter 19:The Unexpected

She walked towards the bench they both sat, she unzipped her skirt and was left with her tithe then she removed her shirt and replaced it with his shirt. Damn! She never believed that she would go swimming with Leo! Leo the bumpy guy! She smiled at her thoughts while she neatly folded her clothes and dropped them on the bench.

    She walked to the waterfall and there she met Leo sitting near the bank of the river while  his feets were in the water.
   "Hey! I'm done"

  "Thank God, for a moment I thought you had being devoured by a wild beast" He said with a serious face.
  "Stop playing around, are there really wild animals here?" She asked with curiousity as her eyes searched the woods.

    "Don't be a scared rat now, I was just only kidding" He said as he stood up from the floor wiping his butt.
  "Do you always have to be a punk, infact I'm going home"
  "No, no, I'm sorry, I was just kidding I didn't mean it, please don't just go home" He said as he pulled her back.
  "Tch!"
"Thank you!"

  He let go of her and dived into the water,  she watched as his hair slipped to his neck, and how his muscles swifted beautifully in the water. She could watch him swim the whole day cos he was so elegant in there.

  "You wouldn't learn how to swim by just standing there you need to get into the water or do you prefer staring at me, I'm that hypnotic?" He said with a wide grin.
"Tch! Always being a punk" she said between her breath.

  She got into the water and she felt relaxed, the water was cool, she went underneath the water and held her breath, Leo was shocked cos she just told him that she couldn't swim, she rose up from the water and met a shocked Leo starting at her.

   "What? Okay Yes I lied that I couldn't swim but the water is too cool to pretend for"
  "Gosh! You're really a player"

   They played like kids in the water splashing water at each other, they had a swimming race, the smile on both their faces could light up New York City. While they sat at the bank of the river, suddenly the unexpected happened, Leo was facing her with his hands placed on her hands, she faced him and placed her hands on his to remove his hands but he held it, she was quite shocked.

   "Anna, I never expected we'll be this close, but I don't know how to define the feeling I get whenever I'm with you, the way you smile it lightens up my stormy clouds, but I've gone into consideration and I know and I'm sure that  I love..... you" He stutters at his last words.

    "That's not possible" she said as she retrieved her hands for him. "But it is" he replied.

    "Would you please be my girl" he said. This sentence sounded like a gun shot, she couldn't take this no more, she quickly stood up and ran to take her belongings not minding whether she was in wet clothes.

   "Anna!!!!!!" He tried calling her out but she ran faster, before he could catch up with her she had already boarded a cab.

    "Shit! This wasn't how I thought it would go, I shouldn't have proposed now, I just spoilt a happy moment, I really need to give her more time to think things over" he said as he ran his hands through his wet hair.