Chapter 23: The Live Life Spirit

Anna got into the balcony and resisted the urge to smile back at Alexia.

"Hey lady! I thought you were at the beach but you're back in Leo's car smiling like a lamb" Alexia said with a wide grin on her face

"Can we go in and have this conversation, I need a glass of water, I'm famished "

"Okay, we can go in but this conversation isn't going to slide over to tomorrow, we're having it tonight"

They both went in and straight to the kitchen to get a glass of water, they sat on the kitchen island and Alexia already gave her the go-on expression.

"I knew you would request for an update so here goes nothing, while I was at the beach I took a final decision so I called Leo and requested he comes to the beach, well he came and I  gave him an answer to his yesterday's question"

"What was your answer?" Alexia asked with a curious face

"I told him, Yes"

"Why? Are you sure about this?"

"Yes I did, I pondered on  Maya Angelou's quote that says;
"I had to trust life, since I was young enough to believe that life loved the person who dared to live it"

"That's the "live life spirit", I don't want you to succumb to life's evil laughter, make sure you put effort in this relationship and try to make it work out well, you should know rape victims deserve a smile, come here darling" Alexia pulled in Anna for a hug as she caressed her back.

  "Mmm, thanks dear, I've gat to go to bed, tomorrow is gonna be a long day"

  "Okay, goodnight dear" Anna exited the kitchen and ran up to her bedroom. She went into the bathroom, pulled out her toothbrush and the toothpaste, she stood at the front of the mirror and couldn't help but smile as she placed she fingers on her lips and traced the lines.

  "Come off it!" She snapped at her inner self.

   She got ready for bed and  threw herself on the bed, she looked up at the twirling fan up the ceiling. Immediately her phone rang, she checked the caller's name and it was Leo, she smiled at her phone before touching the green button.

  "Hi babe" Leo said

   "Ugh, you really didn't have to"

   "Awww, would really loved to see the look on your face"

  "Mr Teaser"

"Funny! I just called to check on my Cinderella"

  "I think, I prefer this name "Cinderella" instead of "babe".

" Then "Cinderella" it is"

  "Better"

" Seems like you're already sleepy, so I think it's a goodnight"

" Yeah, already feeling dizzy, so goodnight and see you tomorrow" She said in-between her yawn.

  "Goodnight Cinderella, love you, kisses and love from me, do make sure you dream of me"

" No way, not ready for nightmares"

  " I clearly could hear the sarcasm in your voice, " Leo said.

  " Blah, blah, gat to go to bed already, if you really want me jogging with you tomorrow" she said with smirk.

" Oh that's true, okay this is a final goodnight, goodnight Cinderella, sweet dreams"

" Mmmm, goodnight" Anna said as she hung the call.

  She rolled to the other side of the bed smiling, she has never felt this excited since her traumatizing incident, she whispered a word of prayer and closed her eyes to rest.