Chapter 6

When I woke up, I found myself buried in Izuku's neck.

It was like old times. Our legs in a mess and our arms wound lazily around each other. He was delicate in his sleep, a soft laugh every few moments and the corner or his lips would curl up into a smile.

It seemed like just overnight, the color had returned to his face.

And myself? Well, I didn't feel so cold.

"Hey, Asami, cut that out," I glanced up, pulling against Izuku's grip as I found him smiling and sleep talking. He went on, incoherent mumblings and soft chuckles. Just wanting nothing but him to myself for a few more moments- I just pulled him closer.

He must've been getting closer to waking up because as soon as I barely made a move to pull him closer, he squeezed me into a bear hug and buried his face into my hair. He softly sighed, rubbing his hands up and down my back.

I peeked over my shoulder and glanced around the room. Though it was empty, I could've sworn there had been a third person in here last night.

"Goodmorning," He mumbled, his voice raspy and sick with morning wake. He planted a kiss on my forehead, dropping his head back down onto the pillow as he tried to shift even closer to me.

"Morning," I sighed. "How did you sleep?"

"Better than I have since-" He groaned, throwing his head back and arms up as he stretched before sighing and settling back down. He was silent for a moment more, laying back down as he positioned his face in front of mine. He pressed his nose to mine, chuckling to himself as he reached up and began stroking his thumb along my cheek. "Since the accident," He whispered. We were silent for a moment, gazing into each other's eyes as his flickered between my own.

I swallowed my pride, wanting nothing more than just him at the moment.

I just wanted my person.

"Izuku?" I whispered. He smiled, pursing his lips in an attempt to hide it. His eyes were half-lidded, his gaze still lazy and his hair messy as he struggled to wake up entirely.

"Mmm?" He hummed in response.

"I'm sorry. Really, I didn't-"

"You don't have to apologize," He pulled me in, tucking my head into his neck as he hummed in contentment. "I thought you'd know I'd never walk away so easily."

If he never walks away... He'll be the first one.

"Thank you, Izuku."

"Now, how about we go get breakfast? I saw some strawberries in the cafeteria yesterday- I know you like those." The idea sounded great, but... the thought of leaving this room almost made me shudder. How long has it been? How long has it been since I left this room? How long has it been since I had fresh air?

How long has it been since a person didn't look away in disgust the first time they saw me?

"Hey, Asami. We don't have to go down there. I can go get it and bring it back."

"No... No, you need to get out and get some air. You've had enough time in here yourself," I sighed, stretching out my sore limbs before rolling away from him to sit upon the edge of the bed. He whined at the loss of my presence, throwing a small fit as he huffed and sprawled out across the small bed.

"Asami..." He whined, "Come back here."

I hummed for a moment, placing my feet on the tile floor as I straightened my arms out in an attempt to help me sit upright. I glanced over my shoulder, watching him tug on the hem of my hoodie playfully. He watched me carefully, his eyes glancing over my spine. "Do you need help getting up?" He asked.