Chapter 10

As soon as the buzzer overhead had gone off, we found ourselves completely surrounded.

They came in from every angle, taking to the ground or in the air as they aimed directly for us.

Suddenly- I had to wonder.

Was I putting a bigger target on my classmate's backs?

Was I selfish to stay with them?

If I was at my normal strength, I wouldn't be feeling this way.

I watched Izuku soar into the air, deflecting the hundreds of balls thrown our way with a single kick. In a second, Momo had drug me by the cape to her side as she put up three shields to block the remaining balls still flying at us.

"Thanks," I looked up at her, finding her already sweating and seemingly growing nervous with every passing second.

"It's the least I can do," Her eyes were wide, glancing out through the cracks as we watched our classmates take to deflecting every blow thrown at them.

We all regrouped immediately and I found myself standing between Izuku and Ochako, staring back at Yo Shindo and his classmates as they watched us like meat. They were talking, though from here I could only see their lips moving.

"How are you feeling?" Izuku asked.

"I fought the league at this strength. Besides, I'm not gonna let some guy who looks like that take me out," I nodded towards a man who seemed much older than the rest of us. Sunken and small beady eyes that seemed like they'd never left my own for the last minute.

He smiled at me, taking four balls from his classmates as he began moving like he was dancing, his hands glowing purple and his classmates seemed to grow hopeful and excited as he moved.

"You got a plan?" I asked. Izuku made a nervous sound and I watched as the boy across the field launched the balls into the ground. It shattered, creating a deep hum and shake through the ground that told me he was sending the balls as an underground attack.

"Asami," Uraraka fearfully squealed my name, looking at me as her eyes went wide and she waited for me to tell her what to do. "Deku... c'mon!"

"Shit," I raised my thumb and my middle finger, placing my fingertips together as I aimed at the ground and waited for Izuku to follow my lead.

The balls hummed directly underneath us and in a second, the two of us flicked our fingertips and watched the ground shatter below us, the projection of our attack sending the balls directly back at them.

Uraraka cheered, pumping her fist into the air excitedly. "I guess having similar quirks has its perks, huh?" She smiled.

"Don't talk too soon," I replied.

Izuku glanced at me, taking his moment to talk while we caught our breath and our classmates took off to land attacks of their own. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Why do you look like your thinking about running!?" He furrowed his eyebrows, rolling out his wrist as he glanced me over.

"I'm weighing you down."

"And I weighed you down the entire first semester. You took care of all of us for months. Please, for once in your life just let somebody else help you." I chewed on the inside of my lip, thinking about how I'd let him help me enough between the hospital and falling asleep every night... he didn't owe me anything. "Please?" He asked, a pleading sort of tone to his voice.

I hummed, slowly nodding my head. "Alright."

"Good," He smiled. "Now duck-"

I dropped to my knees into a squatting position, watching as he leaped over me and kicked away an onslaught of those balls that appeared to have been hurtling straight for my back.