Chapter 27

Song Recommendations

Eleanor Rigby by Cody Fry
Which Witch by Florence + The Machine
Who is She? by I Monster

————

-3rd Person POV-

Asami Yagi sits on the cold wooden benches of the locker banks. She leans forward, her head between her knees as she stares at the floor and tries to stretch her bad arm out towards her foot. She whines, her shoulder aching and her back stretching as she tries to center her mind and focus on which task she wants to accomplish first.

Izuku Midoriya sits a few feet in front of her. He performs wall sits as he watches her curiously. He can see the veins and muscles pulsating in Asami's arm and he thinks of all the times her shoulder has popped out of place during fights.

He thinks of how many times she's managed to pop it back in herself.

"Recovery Girl recommended you take that yoga course offered at U.A. to stretch out your arm muscles," Izuku thinks aloud. "There's also a physical therapy course for students with outstanding physical records. You qualified within our first month at U.A."

"So did you," Asami's words come out as a low whine. She purses her lips, sitting up as she stretches her arms across her chest. "All Might enrolled me into ballet classes a few months ago when I told him I wanted to use my legs during combat more than my arms. It's been helping." She stands up, bending over as she stretches her arms out to her feet. She groans again. "I'm getting tired of this shit."

Izuku chuckles.

"Oh. Is this funny to you?" She looks up, raising an eyebrow at me at the corner of her mouth twitches. "It won't be so funny when I-"

As Asami stretches, she catches sight of a man out of the corner of her eye. She sees him on his knees beside a bench, crushing a small white substance along the wooden seat as he watches it hungrily. He pays no mind to her, lowering his nose to it as Asami whines and turns to stare at Izuku with wide eyes.

Izuku raises an eyebrow at her. She shakes her head and he leans forward, looking off to the side to find what had startled Asami so much. He grumbles angrily, pushing himself off the wall before grabbing her by the bicep to take her away. "I don't need you around this..." he sighs. "We can go wait by the ring."

"Izuku... I've been meaning to tell you something." He stops dragging her just before they reach the door. He halts, his hand laying flat against the door and ready to leave as he glances over his shoulder to watch her.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"It's just... well we said no more lying and I didn't come down here just for Dabi."

He lowers his hand to his side. He stands straight, turning around to face her, his eyes never leaving hers. "Okay."

"I wanted to find the man that left me in the ring the last time I was here."

"What are you saying?" Izuku asks. He thinks he knows what she wants but he's unsure.

"I can't help him if I stay at U.A." She uncomfortably shifts around on her feet, looking over her shoulder. "I can't leave these people to fend for themselves down here. The little girl with the bandages... the man with a sick daughter and no money or medicine for her..."

"Are you saying you want to drop out?" He asks. He's confused. He tries to understand why she wants to leave their school and he almost does. But Izuku cannot comprehend why she would ever leave him. "That... we should leave U.A.?"