Chapter 9

With my quirk finally running through my body, it was almost hard to force myself to turn it off.

I took to sparring with Todoroki over the following weekend, the two of us sneaking behind Endeavor's back as we tried desperately to work out in peace. Shoto and I enjoyed one another. Though our quirks were both powerful and battling one another proved itself to be painful- we found solace in the comfort of our families.

Shoto and I had an understanding I couldn't find with Izuku or Katsuki.

Being the children of pro-heroes and all...

Well, he understood why I was so frustrated. He understood the lingering eyes. The way people glared at us with jealousy because we seemingly had it so easy. After all, we're the children of the top heroes... What bad could ever happen to us? Right!?

He understood how I felt about my scars. While Izuku and Bakugo at least tried to understand, they never could. It never mattered how many times Izuku said he loved it or how many times Bakugo said to shut up and stop worrying about it- only Shoto understood the way I felt about it. The way I felt when I looked in the mirror. The way I felt when classmates or children pointed it out to their peers.

It forced Shoto and I to be closer.

So when I found him seemingly drifting closer to Izuku and I in the parking lot of our provisional license exam, I wasn't surprised at all.

With the suit holding my uniform in my arms, I couldn't help but have to shift it around in my arms every few minutes, becoming embarrassed that I couldn't hold it as well as I used to.

"Did they... Did they alter my uniform?" I asked, catching Izuku's wandering eye as he quickly glanced between me and the suitcase. "It's heavier than I remember."

"You want me to carry that?" He asked.

"No, no I've got it... Izuku, did you do something to my uniform?" I asked.

"Well, it was just that Hatsume asked if I thought you would want to alter it and I assumed since everything has changed that you wouldn't mind. I promise I stayed close to your original design... I just had a few things stitched in," He awkwardly smiled, his cheeks heating up as he glanced between me and my suitcase.

"Like... like what exactly?"

"Hatsume had iron plates put into the soles of your shoes. I know you like using your feet and since she was already adding them into mine, I had her put them in yours as well. You have a cape as well, one that All Might specifically requested... Oh! And the fabric around your torso should work as a compression shirt rather than just fabric so you constantly feel pressure on your back. She put some sort of device into the fabric that should keep your back from being an issue so long as you're in your hero costume." Izuku smiled and I stared at him blankly, feeling my cheeks begin to burn as I turned away and stared at the ground before us.

"You... did all of that? For me? You didn't have to-"

"Hatsume and your father had their hand in it as well. I um... I had them make your cape the same color as my shoulder pads. I just thought It'd be nice if we were matching since- Well, you know," He smiled, nudging my shoulder with his fist as he waited for me to smile back.

"Yeah... thanks."

"Our earpieces have a sensor in them now. If somebody comes up behind you, you'll hear a small beep. We also have sensors that if one of our earpieces gets knocked out, it'll tell the other. So if I'm in a fight and I get hit so hard that they knock it out, it'll tell you. If that annoys you we can-"

"No, I'm glad you put that in there. I'll have to send Hatsume some sort of thank you," I sighed.

"No thank you's needed. She said so long as you say you're using her gear during interviews, your good to go. Don't worry that pretty little head of yours so much- just focus on passing. Alright?"