𝐔𝐧𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲

While the guy was immersed in writing something in his diary, a man near him peeped into his diary. He senses the man looking and smiling at him. He smiles slightly at him. He briskly closes his diary and starts reading his book.

'A weapon-spread table and a glass of wine. The victim was unanimously welcoming his death. I stepped forward to take the Yakut, suddenly... I heard a trickling sound. It was the trickling of water. But, the house had been unused for decades. I slowly crawled towards the nearest bathroom and opened the door of it.

Peep-peep ! The bus conductor whistled.

The guy (yelled): HUH !

Conductor: You have reached your stop.

He gets down the bus with his heart beating heavily. Though he felt a little embarrassed, he smiled on have borrowed the book. He walks towards a nearby café, while closely observing the shops and errands of the local businessmen.

A girl in the café sitting at table number twelve, notices him coming inside the café.

As soon as he enters the café he looks at their magazines and rewards. He starts a conversation with a waiter there. The girl agitated by his actions, takes her phone and calls dials a number. Before she could fully dial, the name appeared on screen.

'Naveen'

She forwarded the call to him. The guy feels his phone vibrating and requests the waiter to excuse him. The waiter leaves. He sees the phone screen and his eyes in awkwardness starts searching for her in the crowd. He sees her face red with anger and rushes to her table.

Naveen: Hi ma, sorry ! 

The girl: My foot !

Naveen: You're irritated ah? (smiles) Shall we order your favourite?

He calls the waiter.

Naveen: 2 brownie with ice-cream. Thank you.

The girl is still staring with rage at him.

Naveen: 'Is it the blessings of my dreams,

                 That I got to meet you?

                  For my angel you are

                  An unpenned mystery...'

Naveen's girlfriend (annoyed): Doesn't even sound like a poem. And you call yourself an author.

Naveen (in his mind): No wonder that guy smiled sarcastically at me.

Naveen: I didn't claim myself a poet right...

She glares at him.

Naveen pretends to be scared.

Naveen (in the worst telugu accent): Yenti ma.. (means 'what ma' in telugu)

Naveen's girlfriend: Don't overact. You wrote this while you were coming in the bus right?

Naveen widens his eyes and thinks as to how she knew it.

Naveen's girlfriend: We meet and talk in person just once in a few weeks. I understand your passion right, but you have changed a lot over these 2 months. Even here, your research only seems to be more important to you.

Naveen: Hey, it is a part of my job. You know about my recent story right... it is based on business so I will have to do all of this.

She remains silent and shows no sign of convincing.

Naveen: Here, look at me... we meet just once in a few days...

Naveen's girlfriend: Few weeks...

Naveen: Yes yes, whatever you say... so please don't be upset with me at least when you are with me. Please dee ?

He makes an innocent face.

Naveen's girlfriend (trying hard not to smile): You win, po !

Naveen laughs. The waiter places the plates of brownie with ice cream on the table. They start having it.

Naveen: So how's your office? Got used to it?

Naveen's girlfriend: Naveen, it has been 6 months! Which world are you in? I obviously have got used to it.

Naveen: No problems right?

Naveen's girlfriend: Nothing as of now. But that Managing Director or owner or whatever you call him, is a creep.

Naveen: Why? Does he mess with you ?

Naveen's girlfriend: Hey, nothing of that sort... but there is one thing doubtful about him, I have to remain silent until I can assure that is true.

Naveen: Hey, don't get yourself into trouble.

Naveen's girlfriend: Hmm.

Naveen: Did you read that book I gave you on your birthday?

Naveen's girlfriend (teases): You gifted me ah?

Naveen: Yeah, the 'Origin' one...

Naveen girlfriend (laughs): Abba... you don't even get a joke. But yes, I read a few pages, then didn't get time to.

Naveen: Should I drop you day-after tomorrow?

Naveen's girlfriend (sarcastically): Drop me ah? Why didn't you tell me about your new bike?

Naveen (awkward): I meant about accompanying you.

Both of them share a laugh.

Naveen reaches home and finds his mother doing the dishes.

Naveen's mother: Your job's done for today?

Naveen: Hmm.. yes ma... It was an exhausting day.

Naveen's mother: It has been just 2 months right... you will get used to this. But in this is initial period you have to be really sincere.

Naveen: Hmm. Okay ma.

Naveen's mother: Freshen up and come, we will have dinner.

Naveen goes to his room. He looks at his newly written book on the study table. He reads the last page written. He freshens up and sits down at the dining table. He moves the pile up of files on the table to keep his plate. Naveen's mother keeps the files in his bookshelf.

He sees 'Boys' movie playing on the TV. He changes the channel making a waggish face. He switches to the news channel,

Naveen: Oh ! Noice... Amma, some more chutney !

He sees an advertisement saying,

Amara Productions

Presents

Capturer of THAT MOMENT

The boy exclaimed seeing the advertisement while every other person at the textile shop was busy with their own works.

His mother: Thamizh ! Is this shirt fine?

Thamizh: Huh? Ye..yes ma..

yes ma

TO BE CONTINUED.