𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞-𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫

Aadhira opened her eyes waking up from a deep sleep. She squinted her eyes feeling a burning sensation in her hands. Stumbling and getting up from the bed, she walked towards the living room where Naveen, Anjana and Grace were setting up the table for breakfast.

Aadhira (with her eyes half-open): Amma, has the power not come yet?

Grace: It came early in the morning, you were sleeping peacefully then right, you wouldn't have noticed.

Aadhira: Maa.. Anju, what's for breakfast?

Anjana (smiling): Idli and Coconut chutney.

Aadhira's face fell down. Anjana and Naveen noticed this and chuckled silently seeing each other.

Grace: Freshen up and have breakfast, go.

Aadhira (murmers): To have idli?

Grace: What??

Aadhira shrugged her shoulders and walked lazily to the bathroom.

Grace: So irresponsible, does nothing on time.

Anjana: It's okay aunty, it's just Sunday right? And she needs this break after her long week.

Grace: Hmm.. that's why I let her sleep today...

Naveen: We'll wait for her or let us start eating?

Grace: She'll be done in ten minutes, we will wait till then.

Naveen: Okay.

Anjana hears her phone ringing and goes into his room.

Anjana (shouts): Naveen, we have to go to the bank today!

Grace: Oh yeah.. I completely forgot about it. I have to keep all the documents in my handbag.

Grace rushed into her room. Naveen heard the creaking sound of the cupboard door. He went into his room and saw Anjana staring at her phone. He took her hand and put it around his shoulder and looked at her.

Anjana raised her eyebrows questioningly. He points to the broken tempered glass.

Naveen: We must mend that.

Anjana: Yeah... but is it really important now?

Naveen: Yes, anything that is broken needs to be fixed.

Anjana: Okay (laughs), so what does author want to convey through this life lesson?

Naveen: That... we have to fix things as soon as possible. We must file a complaint against your Managing Director as soon as possible. It has been three days since you came here, it is a surprise that he hasn't come searching for us yet.

Anjana touches his head with her palm.

Anjana: Are you okay?

Naveen; Why?

Anjana (mocks): You would always ask me not to get into any trouble but today you are voluntarily asking me to go to the police? What has happened to you?

Naveen (genuinely): I understand what it feels like to lose loved ones, you have lost them twice... I don't want to stand back and watch, I want to fight this with you. With my love.

Anjana's eyes glimmered with awe.

Naveen: So, we're going today okay?

Anjana nods her head positively not knowing how to express herself. Suddenly, she takes her hand from his shoulder.