𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

Aadhira, half-drenched by the rain entering Thamizh's house with a wide grin, sees Chithra and Madhi having their evening coffee. They look surprised at her entry. Aadhira removes her sling bag and keeps it on the coffee table.

Chithra: Madhi, looks like someone has come to our house...

Aadhira abashed looks at Chithra.

Madhi: Yeah Chithra, ask why she has come.

He looks into his newspaper adjusting his glasses.

Aadhira (pouts): Uncle ! You can't do this ! You are in my team right?

Madhi: Remind me that once in a while. I can't remember that if you visit me once in two months.

Chithra: I second you Madhi.

Madhi and Chithra shake their hands playfully.

Aadhira: Oh... so you both are a team now huh? That's okay... then I think you guys don't need this..

Aadhira takes two chocolate bars from her bag and keeps it on the table. Chithra gets tempted by it, but Madhi glares at her and asks her to control. Madhi turns to Aadhira.

Madhi (in a stern tone): Even if you are going to give us hundred chocolates we are not going to get convinced.

Aadhira laughs at him. Madhi gives a confused look.

Aadhira (laughing): Akkada choodu, uncle. (Look to that side, uncle)

Chithra was already having a piece of chocolate, Madhi facepalms seeing her. Chithra smiles sheepishly.

Chithra (enjoying the chocolate): Its okay, we'll forgive her this time.

Madhi (mocking): You know what, she was right. I should have been in her team only. It was my fault that I joined yours. Eat well, eat well.

Aadhira (smiling): Look, this is what I said. That is why you should always listen to your girl.

Aadhira smiles and puts her arm on his shoulder looking at Chithra. Chithra turns her face away, does not worry about his comments and continues eating. 

Aadhira: I was running behind a crazy schedule, that is why I couldn't come here uncle.. Sorry..

Madhi: Its okay da, we were just pulling your leg. Look, would she be dumping her face with chocolate if she was that serious about it?

The trio chuckle.

Chithra: Everything's fine... but are you both having a fight or something?

Aadhira: No aunty.. why do you ask so?

Chithra: No... recently whenever I take your topic, he just walks away or doesn't speak anything, that's why.

Aadhira (surprised): Huh? Is it? Wait let me talk to him. Where is he Aunty?

Chithra: In the terrace ma. Be careful on the stairs..

Aadhira (climbing the stairs): Okayy !

Aadhira sees Thamizh standing with two coffee cups on the floor. She slowly goes near him and gives a strong slap on his shoulder. Thamizh exclaims in pain and turns to her.

Thamizh (perplexed): Hey, idiot !

Aadhira: Oh, after ignoring and declining my calls, you have also added swearing to your list now?

Thamizh: Idiot is not a swear word, dumbhead.

Aadhira hits him again.

Thamizh (yells): Ahh, it pains di !